Pages

Followers

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Wednesday

Wednesday is Prince spaghetti day.  At least that's what the ad said when I was a kid.  I wonder why that phrase stuck....good marketing, I guess.  That and that obnoxious ad for "more pork sausages Mom, please?"  I would have liked to smack that whiney kid.

Wednesday is hump day.....unless you're a camel.  Then everyday is hump day.

Wednesday's child is full of woe.  Bummer.  Glad I was born on Monday-I'm fair of face which is way better than being full of woe.  Though at times this fair face is full of woe.

Wednesday morning at 5 o'clock as the day begins...such a mournful song.  The melody itself is sad matched by the lyrics of longing.

Wednesday is the best day of the week to buy a car.  Hmmmm.  My driver's ed teacher told my class that.  I'm likely the only one who remembers this insignificant detail.  He said on Thursday or Friday the sales person might leave early for the weekend.  On Monday and Tuesday they may be extending their weekend.  And apparently the "weekend" sales force is desperate.  Who the hell cares what day of the week you buy a car?  I'm thinking if you have enough money to buy a car, everyday must be pretty good.  I need a new car, but alas no dinero.

Wednesday.  There it is.

1 comment:

Phyllis said...

You are so talented. If you ever write a book, let me know because I will buy one.