Pages

Followers

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Love that bee

The procrastinator bunny took leave this weekend and busy bee came to visit. I don't know what happened.  I made a very long list of things that needed to be done around the house.  They are the same items that have been needing to be done for many, many months.  I'm almost certain the last "big" job I tackled was raking the leaves late last October.  I've been essentially sitting on my arse for more than 6 months, watching dust gather, paint peel, jobs stare me in the face, and time tick by.  Motivation gone entirely awry.

This weekend I've been a whirling dervish.  The deck has been primed and painted, the stacks of clothes that formerly occupied my guest room are now in the thrift store, the perennials have been divided, moved, discarded, thinned or otherwise dealt with, the lawn mowed, the tall grasses weed whacked, the "to shred" paper pile has been shredded, the garden beds edged and mulched, the front doors repainted, the car washed, and the dog has had 2 walks on the beach. 

What is this all about?  Where did this energy come from?  How have I managed to actually complete tasks when that's been an impossible feat for many moons?  I don't comprehend it, but I do like it.  Things are looking much better around here.

While I was painting the deck I realized how much I'm looking forward to rolling out the table, chairs and umbrella and having myself a big fat sit in the sun.  I'd forgotten how much I enjoy that.  As I was painting the front doors I remembered I've wanted to do that since I moved into my house nearly 5 years ago.  While I was shredding my old tax documents I realized I've procrastinated that job since snow was still on the ground and it really wasn't a time consuming job at all.  What's been wrong with me, or better yet....what is right with me now?  Perhaps I'm inches away from winning the lottery or something else equally fabulous. Busy bee, you're awesome.

No comments: