Pages

Followers

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Splitting Hairs

Why is it that when you need a haircut, you need a haircut?  Yesterday I was not desperate for a haircut; today I just had to have one.  I couldn't go a day longer without shortening the locks.  This doesn't really make any sense at all.  Hair does not grow extensively overnight, it's a gradual process that sneaks up on you.  It sneaks up and one morning causes one to say "Oh my God! I look like an Amazon, and it must end today."  A strange phenomenon indeed.

I am happy to report that when this Amazonian feeling overcame me today I called my stylist (well she calls herself a stylist....I just think of her as someone who is pleasant to chat with, who doesn't charge too much, and does a good job) and she was able to give me a cut this very same day.  This makes today a 2 star day as opposed to just a normal, run of the mill day.

So here I sit with short hair.  I'll forget about it until tomorrow morning when I jump in the shower and squish way too much shampoo out of the bottle and the suds roll down my shoulders and into my eyes.  My hair will dry quickly and stick up funny from the cowlick on the right side of my head.  I don't care.  I'm not like most females who spend 15 or 20 minutes lingering in the mirror with curling irons, blow dryers, gel, and hair spray.  In the time they've spent performing this feat, I'll have walked the dog, taken out the garbage, cooked breakfast, and cleaned up the dishes.  I am an amazing woman, and people need to remember that....people including me.

Two stars for short hair....hooray!

No comments: