Pages

Followers

Saturday, May 8, 2010

What 'cha gonna do?

Mother's Day, coming up....don't screw it up.  Do you have your card, your gift, your kind words all selected?  When I was teaching music in elementary school I tried to impart this message to my 100's of charges.  Ms. D.'s advice tip number 37: Never forget Mother's Day.  I wonder if those glazed over eyes even heard me.  I was trying to help.


The last 2 calls to come into the office were to schedule showings of houses....multiple houses.  Showing more than one home takes a good chunk of time-sometimes 2 to 3 hours.  One call came Friday afternoon at 4:50 and the other this morning at 9:30.  Both parties want to see property on Mother's Day.  Not that Mother's Day is totally sacred but jeez Louise....I'm having a hard time knowing what to do.  I asked my mother what she would like to do on her day.  "Breakfast, lunch, out for a slice of pie in the afternoon, or afternoon visit and dinner."  She hasn't told me yet what she'd like and she's at a convention today unreachable by phone.


My dilemma is strengthening.  I can't schedule the property showings until I know what my mother has selected for her special day and I can't reach her to ask her.  I can't wait until tomorrow to set appointments to show houses.  I am screwed no matter what way I play this.  If I schedule the appointments, I disappoint mom, if I put off the appointments until another time I disappoint and potentially lose the clients.  It's a lose-lose and honestly aren't we all looking for win-win?


While we're on the topic of mothers....I think we're still on the topic of mothers, let me give "props" to mine.  She has put up with a lot of shit, a lot of disappointment, a lot of failed dreams from me her number 1 child,  yet she doesn't seem to give up.  I know I'm not her ideal of what a daughter should be, yet somehow she hangs in there with me, forever trying to understand where the hell I'm coming from.  Thanks Mom.


I do have my card and my gift and I'll be able to voice my appreciation and best wishes for Mother's Day, I'm just not sure I have a plan for the time.  What 'cha gonna do?

2 comments:

Laloofah said...

So how did everything shake out? Hopefully your mom got in touch with you in the nick of time, and said, "You know what I'd really love to do for Mother's Day? Go with you while you show multiple houses to various prospective clients." And you all had such a great time that both parties bought all the houses. :-)

I can't imagine your mom thinking you're anything less than wonderfully exceptional and terrifically fun, and thanking her lucky stars she got you for a daughter.

I hope you both had a lovely Mother's Day, however it turned out... and a belated Happy Mother's Day to you, fellow furbaby mom! :-) xoxo

Dorian Susan said...

All right so here's what happened.....I finally decided to reject one party, and show the other party the property they were interested in mid-afternoon. Fortunately Mom requested a walk and lunch time picnic.....In the morning the party called and cancelled the afternoon showing. Go figure!