Pages

Followers

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Between Worlds

Did you ever feel  like you were living between worlds?  I have, I did, I am, I do.  Often.  I feel like I'm between multiple worlds all the time.  One of my problems, or assets, depending on whom you're asking and when, is I can see both sides of the coin.  This happens in politics, in relationships, in day to day living.  My astrological sign is Virgo, but sometimes I think I should have been Libra with the scales weighing one thing vs. another.  I feel I am constantly at odds or between factions....both parts of which I love, unable to make decision about which side to join in earnest. 

The problem is I can see myself joining either side. I am the perfect independent/undecided voter...mostly 'cause I haven't got a clue where the hell my thought process is.  This middle ground is a desirable place to be, but it takes no stand, argues with none, throws oneself to all wolves....remaining steadfast in the middle watching the jousting begin.

I went out shooting photos again today....much easier than taking a stand on any cause or political quandary.  For your pleasure should you wish to view.

I know little about these lilies that accompany lily pads. I viewed this lily at 10 in the a.m. I feel lucky to have made this shot as when I went back a few hours before dusk the lilies were all closed up. My timing allowed me to catch the lily in absolute peak beauty.

This tree seemed so lone in it's being.  I photographed it both late morn and early evening standing firm on the rocky hillside. It balances between sea and fertile growth.  I love it's independence.

In a patch of yellow roses I found this tattered one calling to me; something about it's pinwheel sense and the shoot-off growing buds appealed to me.

This depicts a space balanced o'er water...a place to unwind by the week, weekend, month, or year.  I would feel honored to spend time here suspended above tidal waters.

Lobster boat at dusk....believe me there was plenty of "salty" language going on in the background whilst I obtained this shot.  Lobsterman are hard working but carefree in their tongue.

I have acquaintances that belong to the "River Club".  More often than not it seems like a far away perfectionist world to me.  I'm sure it's members think themselves nothing but ordinary....it's the rest of us who see them differently.

There are beautiful views everywhere if you know where to look.  Here's an example of hidden beauty.

I took several photos of this flower before I hit the right focus.  I think the blossom may be gardenia.  I love the independence of each petal...reminds me of me.  I thought the blossom absolutely stunning.

Thanks for checking out my blog.  Sometimes the posts are accompanied by red wine and make less sense than others.  Appreciate the understanding....wine and beer with lime make everything seems OK until the morning.

No comments: