Pages

Followers

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Color on Display

I'd like to tell you I had something to do with this lupine being so beautiful, alas it is all about God....well and Art the gardener, and a touch of fertilizer.  The color is so inviting, and I'm not even a fan of pink.  Imagine if I were!



I glanced out the window and saw the raindrops from a passing downpour hanging and sparkling on the leaves of the bleeding heart.  I couldn't resist.

God, Art, and fertilizer again....and the mighty majesty of the peony.  Like a butterfly, the peony's color passes so quickly, because it is so brilliant and magical.

OK...this one has nothing to do with Art or fertilizer....it's all God.  I'd like to say it was me, but really I didn't do anything except put them in the ground 4 years ago.  I am not a gardener.  I stick to flowers and plants that will come back year after year, no matter what.  I hope these are making my neighbors think I know what I'm doing....because they're kind of making me think that.  Way to go self!

1 comment:

Laloofah said...

Gorgeous photos! That lupine is serious eye-candy! What an utterly magnificent color! And the raindrops on the bleeding heart leaves, such a gentle picture... I can almost smell the rain. :-) Those peonies are glorious as well. We have two peony bushes in our front flower bed (they were here when we bought the place almost 18 years ago), but they're the burgundy color, and are only just a few spindly stalks a few inches tall right now ~ they won't be blooming bushes till much later this summer. So it's nice to be able to enjoy yours in the meantime! And I love your pretty Irises... always one of my favorite flowers! Way to go you, indeed. :-)