Pages

Followers

Friday, June 11, 2010

Fluid (c.b.c. day 6)

After struggling then rebounding yesterday with grow, I was content with "fluid" when I viewed today's challenge.  I hoped to be more clever than the use of water and did have some moments away from the water theme, but water kept calling me back.  Sometimes it is wise to give in to the messages that haunt you.

The last two evenings I've been tied up in classes from 5-10 p.m., but tonight I was able to take advantage of the early evening light.  This is my favorite time of year when the sun lasts so long.  I am energized to come home from work for a speedy dinner and then head out again to walk...or as in tonight....to look for more photos.  This evening I spent time along the local Mousam River and found a bonanza of wonderful potential.  It seemed it was nearly impossible to take a bad photograph.

Earlier in the day I took a wonderful woods walk with my dog, Tula and we too found some great inspirations.  I hope you enjoy today's hit parade.  Thanks for looking....
I love to rock.  I'm not meant to be still. There's something soothing about the fluidity of the motion of the chair.  I remember rocking as a teen when I was bored or hoping time would pass more quickly....I rock now for opposite reasons. 

 
Tula and I found this small fast moving stream on our woods walk today.

Well, woods walk for one of us....the other was in fluid motion much of the time.  Fun, fun, fun.

I don't know if this fits in the fluid category.  It fits in the "OMG I have to take a picture of that" more than anything.  I qualified it by the fluid circular nature of the fungi.

The afternoon breeze was playing with the sheers in the office windows today.

I'm proud of this photo.  It is today's favorite for me.  Leaves momentarily caught in the water's flow.

The river was beautiful everywhere I looked tonight.

The old mill caught in reflection made this photo stand out for me.

I glanced down and saw this heart shaped petal and was able to capture it before it was whisked away in the current.  I wonder what hidden deeper meaning that has...hmmm.


I have many more very similar to these, but unlike the water, you just have to stop somewhere.

2 comments:

Corinne said...

I like your favorite - the water almost looks like smoke at first.
And the rocking chair... you are so right. My biggest regret is not getting a real rocking chair when my babies were born! We have a bouncy rocking chair from Ikea, but it's not the same.

Laloofah said...

I'm so glad you were able to capture the little heart-shaped blossom before it continued on its downstream journey! What a lovely, sweet photo! (And my favorite of the bunch!)

There aren't many things more calming than gently flowing water, a rocking chair, or a soft summer breeze coming through an open window, so these are very soothing to look at. And the rocking chair and sheers are clever interpretations of "fluid," too!

All wonderful pictures yet again! I read "The Secret Life of Water" by Masaru Emoto recently, and I think it made me appreciate the photos of water even more.

And good for you for finding a way to include that great fungi photo with the fluid theme! It was definitely worth sharing. :-)