Pages

Followers

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Old Friends

I just had dinner with old friends Patty, Lisa, and Maria.  I had the best time.  I laughed.  I was uninhibited.  I didn't feel ashamed or a need to hide....I just was.  It was fabulous.

My dear friends from high school....all of us with our own lives, our own paths, our own triumphs, our own mistakes, and regrets.  No judgement.  Compassion....but no judgement.

Where was that tipping point?  How does one travel from an insecure, awkward, follow the crowd high schooler to an independent woman stripped of all those cliques, all the whispers, sitting with that same group, laughing loudly unafraid to bear the truth?  I don't know when it happend, but it did and it feels good to be on the other side.

Makes me think I wasn't so dumb back then.  I did know how to choose worthy friends, those that would stand the test of time.  Regrets.....yah, that we didn't stay in touch more often.  Upside...we can be back in touch now from our different corners of the world.  The love, the laughter is there-and always was.  Thanks friends.  Friends are a treasure....they shouldn't be burried or stowed away but rather enjoyed often.

2 comments:

Clare B said...

I haven't kept in touch with any of my high school friends (albeit for the "facebook friend") and I wish I had.

Laloofah said...

Glad you young old friends had a fun time together at your clandestine mini-reunion! ;-) (I can't believe none of you had seen each other since graduation! The time, she sure can fly...)