Pages

Followers

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The Old Man is Snoring

The good rain, like the bad preacher, does not know when to leave off.

- Ralph Waldo Emerson
 
 
It's been a summer full of sunny days, heat, humidity, and little rain. 
The last few days are putting things back in perspective. 
I haven't mowed my lawn for nearly a month as its not grown without water. 
The last few days are putting things back in perspective.
The river's edge is down 8 inches or so.
The last few days are putting things back in perspective.
The world of green has turned mossy brown.
The last few days are putting things back in perspective.
 
I suppose it is a blogger's no no to blog about the weather....alas....I'm there.  I was patient for the other 3+ days, but today my last rain nerve has been stepped upon and I'm turning grouchy.  Too much grey, wet, and dreary for this girl whose been spoiled by the sun.  What cha gonna do?
 
Circles on the drive.

Grey on grey.

Testing the recent wax job.

Gumshoe how do you do?

Morning's first view.

Ain't no way I'm going out to pick up that empty recycle container.

I hate wearing raincoats.

Let's hope tomorrow I am less crabby and much drier.  Thanks for stopping by.....stay dry.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Honestly, I'm ready for a little rain, we haven't seen any for a while until today.

BTW love your post title - I can't see a rain storm without hearing that song in my head. One of the songs my dad always sang to us.