Pages

Followers

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

In the Kitchen

This post is in response to the prompt "In the Kitchen" for You Capture.  Check out Beth's blog, I Should Be Folding Laundry and see some of the other takes on the same topic.

Photobucket


There's not much exciting that happens in my kitchen. I live alone and am content to eat the same foods all the time....what a bore.  My counter tops are covered with the ubiquitous envelopes, bills, circulars, and other odds and ends that arrive home in my hands and quickly get "plopped" down more so than any exciting food items or culinary experiments. 

I forget that there was a time when I wanted to be a chef.  I worked many, many hours in restaurant kitchens and I was accepted into the Culinary Institute of America in Hyde Park, NY.  At the time it was the most re-nowned cooking school in the country....perhaps it still is.  I am able to cook, I just choose not to prepare meals that keep me cooking in the kitchen for more than 15 or 20 minutes.  I suppose if I were cooking for another, it might be more enjoyable...or maybe not. I think next time I get involved in a relationship it should be with someone who loves to cook.  I don't mind being the taster.

That all being said, my takes on "In the Kitchen" will make more sense.


This 8" saute pan helps prepare 80% of the cooked foods I eat.


I love this funky photo of  "ye ol' vegetable steamer".  I'm not a huge fan of veggies as a rule, but steamed asparagus or green beans I actually do enjoy.

Pretty utilitarian for a kitchen post...what can I say?  Bran flakes and milk don't make for very interesting photos.

4 comments:

Jamie said...

You kitchen sounds eerily similar to mine

Carrie said...

I like the steamer picture - utilitarian works. :-)

Bec said...

Ugh- I don't love veggies so much either. Why are they so darn important! Why can't chocolate be one of your daily needs :)

Yanet @ 3 Sun Kissed Boys said...

I think you chose interesting subjects indeed.