Monday, August 2, 2010
Monday's Misc. Thoughts...whatever
1. Sometimes I think it would be really great to run away.
2. I find I am avoiding grocery shopping since the little 7 or 8 short-aisled in-town store closed in lieu of the BIG ASS superstore with too many football field length aisles to count. I'm trying to change with the times, to embrace the bigness, to find a shopping window when the store isn't too crowded, to feel good about just "swinging by" to pick up a few things, but it's not happening. I suppose if I were shopping for a family I would love the new store, but when you're shopping for one...hell, I buy the same stuff, eat the same foods, etc most every week. I guess soon enough I'll remember that the pita bread is in the deli department on the far left side of the store and not in the bread aisle on the far right hand side of the store, near the milk and yogurt and stuff. Whatever....
3. I weigh too much...time to lay off the delicious and plentiful ice cream and start moving my ass a little more. Poundage has got to go.
4. Football season starts soon. I am a fan. My fan level has been steadily dropping for the past couple seasons and I wonder if this slide will continue or I'll re-entrench myself in the game. I do love watching and playing fantasy football, but you sure miss a lot of things out the window when you're glued to the set every Sunday afternoon. (see # 3 where I need to exercise),
5. I love my pets. My princess cat is having a little skin irritation so she's kind of itchy and I feel badly that there's not much I can do for her. My timid dog, boldly took a puppy-ish gallop through the marshy grasses on our walk last night. She may end up a swimmer after all.
6. I've reconnected with several old friends lately...I wonder what that's about. It felt better than I thought it would. I'm about to make a pretty big decision about the travels of my life...having a hard time making a full commitment to this big change and I wonder if that's why I'm reaching into the past and finding some comfort there. Decisions are not fun and not easy to make. In the past, I think I've had better luck reaching them. The older I get, the harder they seem to be to make. Aren't things supposed to get easier with practice?