Pages

Followers

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Outside

This post is in response to You Capture's word for the week "Outside".  Check out other takes on outside over at Beth's fabulous blog I Should be Folding Laundry. 
Photobucket

Most of the time my photos are taken outside....I'm not a big fan of flash photography and I've yet to build myself a light box, so having the weekly prompt of "outside" meant to me, just keep on doing what cha do.  I also don't have adorable children doing adorable (or maddening) things, so I look to the outdoors for inspiration most of the time.  Here are a few of my inspirations from the last week.

In the past few weeks I've taken to enjoying sunsets in a more real way.  My old habit was to look and say something quickly in passing "that's pretty"....lately I'm being more deliberate and appreciative.  It is such a serene and beautiful time of day and requires repose.  I'm growing up....thankfully before I get too old.

Shadows are fun.  Here I am with my timid walking companion on the beach in the morning....we were walkin' tall.  The beach, no matter the season, is a place I love to be outside.

I can't really say why I like this photo, I just do.  I like the playful painted footprints left at curbside outside a corner cafe.  It made me wonder who had left them behind.

9 comments:

Julie said...

I love all of them! Especially the shadow. Beautiful.

Carrie said...

I love the footprints! Makes me wonder what the story was behind them...and makes me want to follow them. :-)

kristenly said...

Beautiful Sunset! I also really love the shadows.

gibknitty said...

LOOOOOOVE the dog shadow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chrystal said...

LOVE the footprints on the side walk and the dog shadows. Great pictures.

Bec said...

When we were playing tennis the other day, there were some white handprints left on the court from God knows who! And I kept getting distracted wondering who put them there.

Jamie said...

Love that first pic - so beautiful

Yanet @ 3 Sun Kissed Boys said...

I love shadow shots. I find them so intriging. Nice post.

Stillmary said...

Great photos! The footprints are great! And I especially love the shadow picture. This is a great insightful post and the pictures fit it perfectly.