Pages

Followers

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Saturday 3/365

Saturday night....I'm one tired cowgirl.  Been many too many weeks of 6 days of work.  Listened to Maegen's suggestion to take photos early in the morning to stave off the stress of having to find something in fading light.  Very helpful tip indeed.  My late day photography was uninspired.

I also have an account with Flickr and a few weeks back joined a group that likes to take a picture a day with a prompt from one of their administrators.  Today's prompt was "at play".  Without kids....there ain't a whole hell of a lot of playing going on around here.  A picture of yours truly with her big ol' ass planted on the couch reading a book hardly seems interesting fodder for such a spirited prompt.

My bicycle seemed the only play item that I could immediately draw to mind prior to any caffeine....so I put the spinach on to saute (on low) and took my bike and camera for a quick loop around the neighborhood.  I was delighted with what I captured....that is, besides the look of some neighbors who think I'm absolutely nutty to pedal a bike and take one handed photos.  Hey....somebody's got to do it, right?

Oh, by the time I finished the loop the spinach was ready for the scrambled eggs to be added in....dropped the toast, poured the coffee, and the day was off to a great start.

{3/365} I have no idea if this is a good photo or not....but I think it's kind of cool.  All the grey colors and the clarity of the foot and bike against the movement of the pavement seems pretty interesting.  And, I didn't crash and breakfast was nearly ready when I returned home....auto-cooked.

Spinning wheel, got to go 'round.

Look Ma...no hands, or feet!

Sunflowers at a roadside garden....one can not just drive by!

I'm a sucker for a single leaf.  This one was balanced atop of low groundcover in the woods. 


I'm content that I went with the bicycle shot for today...it's a little different.  Flowers will be in short supply soon, but I chose one for yesterday.  Keeping it fresh 3 days into my 365.  Thanks for stopping by.



365 Days

8 comments:

Corinne said...

I just love that first shot, the movement and playfulness of it.

Carol Blackburn said...

I agree that the shot from the bicycle to capture your foot and the movement of the ground is awesome. I'll have to try spinning my tomatoes like tops and snapping a shot. :)

Jamie said...

Very cool photo

justinegordon said...

I love the colours and the motion in these shots, I am trying to photograph first thing too. Love your words too.

justinegordon said...

and I just became your newest follower!

Linda Robinson said...

This is a great shot. How creative.. I think I would have pulled out a boring puzzle or something.. I have found you thru Madeline Bea blog.. I also have signed up to do 365 days.. It should be a fun journey..

~Linda

Cherry said...

Totally love that shot of your foot - what a way to play and make breakfast. Just wanted to say hi. Cherry XXX

Sarah P. said...

Did you really ride and take the photo?? Wow...you're hardcore. :)Great shots.