Pages

Followers

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

14/365

I was supposed to have my first digital photography class today, but when I arrived there was a note saying...."No class this week.  Read the first 3 chapters of the book and make sure you have a manual camera with you on Monday."  I went off in the rain and clouds and took photos instead.  I hope I won't be self-teaching the rest of the semester.  Here is my best capture for today.  Also interesting to note that I've completed 2 weeks and have only 50 more to go. 

{14/365}
I entitled this "Lonely".  This poor tree is the only one around for quite a span.  It seemed so sad and all alone this morning as I was out looking for things to shoot.  I guess it's survived this long so perhaps it is thriving in it's solitude.

3 comments:

Carol Blackburn said...

Sorry your class didn't meet. That is always so disappointing. Glad you didn't let it get you down, Susan. What type of camera do you use?

Dorian Susan said...

I am using a 3+ year old Panasonic Lumix. I use as many of the manual settings as possible. Still may need to spring for that DSLR soon however.

Laloofah said...

Hey, Sue!

I'm pitifully behind on everything blog-related, and that's unlikely to change any time very soon - but I figured I could at least read and comment on this one post for now! ("The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step," blah blah blah).

How fun that you're taking a digital photography class (not that you appear to need it!), but how crappy that your class was blown off like that! I hope all your future classes have a fully attentive, engaging, instructive and inspiring teacher present, who starts off your next class with a good explanation for what greeted you on your first one! Grrr...

Love the tree photo! It's haunting and somewhat melancholy, but very beautiful and peaceful, too. It and your title for it reminded me right away of a lone tree photo I'd posted on my series of tree-intensive Arbor Day posts. You know me - I'd captioned it with this quote, which seems every bit as suited to your lovely photo!

Trees are much like human beings
and enjoy each other's company.
Only a few love to be alone.
~Jens Jensen, "Siftings," 1939~


I hope you're right that since your tree is thriving, it means s/he's one of the ones who love solitude. :-)