Pages

Followers

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Morning 7/365

This post is in response to the prompt "morning" from You Capture over at Beth's blog, I Should be Folding Laundry.  Check out other interpretations of morning on her fabulous blog.

Photobucket


{7/365}







Morning.  Morning can be a welcome friend, or an unwanted foe.  I used to call myself a morning person, and still it is true, but at times I wish the sun would wait a hour or two longer before calling me to rise.

Morning is quiet at my home.  No children, no alarms clocks...just the lazy stretch of the cat or an impatient jingle of the dog's collar.  "Please mama...my breakfast and a walk.  I'm ready", she says as the sun sneaks through shuttered blinds.

Morning is a beautiful time of day. When I see it, I wonder why I don't embrace it more often.  I remind myself that I like it, that it is when I have my best moments.  'Tis hard to remember that when weary eyes ache and remants of yesterday's stress lurk vividly.

Morning is like a clean chalkboard, or a fresh coat of paint.  A chance to start fresh and new and leave the trials and sorrows of previous days on their own calendar block.  When I take in the novelty and unexpected delights of the day, I feel better.


"See Mom....look how great this is!"





10 comments:

Anne said...

That's pretty much how my dog wakes me up every morning too :) Although your morning walk looks a lot more scenic than ours is in Chicago!

Brooke G. said...

I love the reflection shot

Hollie said...

Agreed! Reflection shot is my fav too!

Jen said...

I love the shot of the apple in the grass!

Alyssa said...

I like a lot of your shots but I just melted when I saw that cat. So fluffy and cozy, I just wanted to hug her.

Clare B said...

I'm with you on thr morning thing. I'm absolutely a morning person - love to be up and 'doing' things. My most productive time of the day I think is before 11am - after that it's all sleepy time and vague thoughts.

Amber said...

What a cute puppy! Oh and that reflection shot...wow.

Carol Blackburn said...

Love the old barn with silos and cupolas. It looks like you've posted a little something for everyone. :)

Megan said...

sweet sleeping kitty. Love all the trees and the water... gorgeous!

stopping by from you capture!

Yanet @ 3 Sun Kissed Boys said...

I'm torn between the kitty shot or the reflection on the lake. Just wonderful!