Pages

Followers

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Autumn 59, 62, 63/365

This post is in response to "Autumn" for You Capture over at Beth's blog "I Should Be Folding Laundry".  Isn't that a great blog title?  If you'd like to see other responses to autumn, head on over and check out what's there.  She often has lots and lots of participants with lots and lots of wonderful takes on her themes.
Photobucket


I've posted a lot of autumn photos already this season.  I've also received so many generous compliments (thank you all) on what I've posted.  Until this year, I never much paid attention to the wonderful colors of fall.  What I've realized is living in New England is an asset if beautiful foliage interests you. 

I can hear myself as a grumbly teenager saying "what's the big deal?  It's another red tree...who cares?"  I was too busy listening to music to care about the colorful vivid world my eyes were taking in.  That just seemed commonplace I guess.  Now with my hearing limited, my eyes are paying much more attention.

I've also read other's comments about only having drab brown leaves where they live...which is something I'd forgotten about.  I did live in Florida for several years while attending college.  I was so busy enjoying the green and the lack of snow (and lack of snow shoveling and the wearing of shorts and sandals in December), I forgot to miss the changing colors of fall.  Wisdom comes with age....I think to help make up for the aches and pains people groan about.


I guess what I'm trying to say is...I'm noticing more.  A camera's viewfinder stuck to your face will do that to you apparently.  Here are some of my latest autumn finds.
 
Kind of cool what you see when you bend over to tie your shoe.

I'm continually a sucker for river bubbles.

{62/365} Sometimes sitting at a stop light for a moment has it's benefits.

{59/365} I don't know....something about the fragile single leaf next to the heaviness of the steel RR tracks appealed to me.

Isn't Maine delicious?  I lived a little further down this tidal creek when I was a little girl.  Nice spot, huh?

Quintessential New England autumn.  I don't make this stuff up....I just happen upon it.  Not my bike.

Thank you for checking out autumn where I live.

63/365....had to tuck this in for my 365.

11 comments:

Ashley Sisk said...

I love these photos - I will never tire of beautiful fall photos.

Miss Becky said...

Hi Dorian Susan, thanks so much for the info and for dropping by. I have registered for the class and look forward to it. I've been traumatized by various versions of Photoshop and it's time to face my fears. Layers??? what the???
I see what you're doing here and just marvel at your talent and sense of humor about it all! I want to pick your brain about your camera techniques! love it. I really like your "River Bubbles". and everything else too.

Carrie said...

I love the first photo and the photo of the leaf with the railroad track. Great captures!

Sarah C said...

Such beautiful photos. You live in a gorgeous place x

justine said...

I love these autumn shots, they really are beautiful and the composition of each one is so perfect, the colours, the light - absolutely brilliant. I must check out this challenge as well, looks fun.

Jamie said...

Isn't it lovely the gifts photography can bring? More awareness of the world around and such an appreciation for beauty.

Carol Blackburn said...

Great photos, Susan. :)

Stam House said...

rail road leaf and the bike one are the best!

Rosie said...

Beautiful autumn photos!

Angie said...

Beautiful photos. I love the one of the driveway to what looks like a GORGEOUS house! And the railroad/leaf photo is very appealing.

Laloofah said...

I really, really miss New England's Fall foliage, so your photos made me "homesick!" I love all of these, but my favorite photo is of the bicycle leaning against the tree (the lighting in that one is especially pretty), and the one of the leaf by the railroad tracks. I think it's your observation of the leaf's delicacy contrasted with the heaviness of the steel tracks that makes that one extra special.

Did you take that pretty tree/driveway/house shot on Summer Street? It's been such a long time, but that just looks like Summer St to me! :-)