Pages

Followers

Friday, October 15, 2010

Bad Blogger 50/365



I've been a bad blogger lately.  I know that no one except me cares and that any other blogger totally gets it.  Just sayin'....I'm behind the eight ball.  My computer is breathing it's last gasps whilst I await my new computer.  I'm getting "a deal" thanks to my sister in law's workplace, but "a deal" requires one to be patient.  Patience is not always a strong suit of mine.  Meanwhile getting on line takes forever and leaves me exasperated., and it's best if we don't even speak of uploading photos...okay; I'll stop now.

So I'm doing a quick catch up on a couple photo challenges.  I have a bunch of 365 shots to post and 2 or 3 days of those super light catching shots to share....I guess that's what the weekend is for.

It is Friday and that does mean it is Macro Friday over at Blogging from Bolivia.  I caught one of this year's last purple coneflowers a smidge after sunrise the other day.  It was just there providing parking lot beautification....but I had to take a shot.

Maybe not macro, but close-up for sure.

My other catch up is for Jessie's photo challenge, the moments in between.  This week's topic is black and white.  Yesterday afternoon, knowing that today was going to be a rainy wash out, I took Tula for a walk along Ocean Avenue in Kennebunkport.  There are always beautiful sights to see-no matter the season.  Tula didn't much care for the scary decorative scarecrows we saw, but otherwise we had a nice walk in the fall air.

Here's my catch for the black and white challenge:

{50/365} Skiffs tied at the lobstermen's float.

Thanks for checking out my bad blogger post.  Hopefully the good blogger will be back around soon....and maybe with a new computer.



13 comments:

justine said...

I love your macro and your black and white, they are both great shots and show your diversity, I am taking too many flower shots...

Laloofah said...

Hey, Sue!

Being a) a fellow blogger, b) not one for whom patience is a strong suit either (that's an understatement!), c) a fellow slogger as well as blogger, having suffered with a slow computer and internet connection for years, and d) perpetually behind on my blogging, I can totally empathize with your plight, and hardly consider you a "bad blogger!" You're actually incredibly prolific with your pictures and posts (and I with my alliteration!) :-)

Besides, that flower photo alone is worth a much longer wait than we had to endure. How gorgeous!! I agree with Justine that both shots are great and really show your versatility, but your flower shots are always extra special, I think!

Hope that new computer arrives soon and is so blazing fast it sets your desk on fire. (Okay, maybe not THAT fast, but the closest - and less flammable - thing to it!) :-) Happy Friday!

Rosie said...

I love both shots! I absolutely agree with Justine! This also gives me a push to try something apart from shooting flowers...!

Just Me said...

I love the flower close up! Then again, I love most of your photos. :)
~Melody @ Blondie's Abode

Liz said...

lovely I love purple cone flowers.

Corinne said...

Those boats! They're wonderful :)

Buckeroomama said...

Those flowers are pretty... and that little hint of sunlight is lovely!

jeffkny said...

Nice photos. The boats have a nice pattern and focus, appealing.

- Jessi - said...

Love the black & white and the colors are stunning in the first one! Thanks for linking up :)

Rosie leavesnbloom said...

Your shots are great.

I really hope you get that new computer soon. Its awful waiting for pages to load when its so slow - my dear husband just upgraded mine for me as it was taking forever and the poor memory was on its very last few bytes as I have so many photos on it.

I hope if you can visit my site it won't take too long for pages to load as I try to optimize mine so that they don't load too slowly.

Jamie said...

I'm struggling with the "bad blogger" feelings too. But am getting past them as I realize I'd rather live my life than blog about it and if that means slipping behind on a post here or there or commenting, I think the trade off is worth it.

Carol Blackburn said...

Well, bad blogger or not your posts are wonderful. I guess you could say I've been bad too. I went away for the weekend, don't own a laptop and didn't tell anyone I was going. So there! You've got bad company. :)

Laura (Blogging from Bolivia) said...

lovely macro! I love the perspective :)