Pages

Followers

Friday, October 22, 2010

Macro Friday 58/365




Did I mention I love macro shots before?  Probably.  Today is Friday and time for macro shots over at Blogging from Bolivia.  My shots are not true macro shots, as I don't yet have the lens (nor the money to purchase the lens) that will get those hyper in focus close ups, but I'm trying to get the feel with what I've got.  Hope you like today's finds.  Please check out the other submissions by following the button above.  Happy Friday.

I found this colorful cabbage at a farm stand this morning.  I love the vivid purples.

Seaweed is pretty cool.  This was sparkling in the sun next to the incoming tide.

Maine is called the "pine tree" state.  There are plenty of pine cones around so I guess the moniker is fitting.

{58/365} This is my favorite of today's shots.  Hard to believe this dandelion is still hanging on to sow it's seeds.  I've not seen one in weeks. 

Thank you for checking out my photos....


16 comments:

Jamie said...

The last one is my favorite too - lovely.

Satakieli said...

That's funny, we have some dandelion clocks hanging on here in Germany too, despite the fact that we had our first frost this morning. Gorgeous photos, love the first one!

Rose said...

Lovely close up shots. I love the purples in that cabbage too. These shots remind me that there is so much to see around us that is often overshadowed by the bigger picture.

Ashley Sisk said...

These are awesome - I thought my favorite was the first one...but I don't know - they're all great!

Ray said...

Love the dandelion shot!

Emptyhead51 said...

Beautiful close ups! I love the dandelion, they always appear to fragile when photographed.

lisa said...

These are such wonderful fall shots.

And Miles To Go... said...

great shots! I tried to take a macro of a pine cone this morning, and with the cone having so many different planes, it was difficult of my lens to focus and it was mostly blurry. But you did a wonderful job.

Nicole said...

Your shots are all great. The seaweed is very interesting and I like the light on your pine cone, but I agree with your favorite. The beauty of the wind through the dandelion is very nice!

Buckeroomama said...

These are gorgeous shots! The cabbage has such pretty colors... I love it!

ToadMama said...

I have a serious case of cabbage envy. The DoF in the dandelion shot is very special. Nice work.

justine said...

I love these, my favourite is the first one, I love the pink and green. Love how you captured the dandelion, I can't seem to get that right.

Carol Blackburn said...

All are wonderful shots, Susan. Speaking of pine cones, I chuckle when I see people buy them in bags of 10 or so. Especially the ones they've painted white on the edges to simulate pine sap. I have real ones, with real pine sap that smells sooooo good when placed in a basket on the table. If those unsuspecting shoppers only knew we pick them free here.

Rosie said...

Beautiful - all of them! The colours of the cabbage are stunning!

Mama Monkey said...

You were able to get very close up even without a macro lense! They are beautiful shots!!!

Laloofah said...

I have hit-or-miss luck taking extreme closeups with my digital camera, but when I get lucky it's such a thrill! These shots really provide different and fresh perspectives on their subjects. The cabbage is beautiful (I love those colors too), and I really like the sea veggie - very unique! The sweet dandelion puff may just be my favorite, though, and I cannot believe that Rose didn't say she liked it best, since Dandelion is the name of her blog! :-)