Pages

Followers

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Scavenger Hunt Sunday 46/365



Hey....time for Scavenger Hunt Sunday again already.  Did this last week fly by or what?  Check out what the other scavengers found over at Ashley's blog Ramblings and Photos

I love finding the things on the list that Ashley creates.  Sometimes the lists seem difficult and they turn out to be easier than expected, and other times the opposite occurs.  This week seemed like it would fall somewhere in-between and well, it did.   I was out searching for side lighting, jack-o-lantern, faces formed in nature, sunset, and warm.  Here are my takes:

Side Lighting:  My princess cat Pamina enjoying the sun that streams in through the sliders on the back side of my house.  She's a sweetie and a great poser; I should enter her in "America's Next Top Model".

Jack-O-Lantern:  Freshly carved.  My 2 year old niece wanted triangles for eyes and nose and a mouth with 1 tooth.  Nothing like knowing exactly what you want....and getting it.

{46/365}Pure delight.

Faces formed in Nature:  I didn't realize that "nature" could mean just out there in the world....so I was really looking in nature.  This little tree denizen seemed quirky and cute to me with his pointy elf ears and sheepish "halt; who goes there" disposition.  I have a feeling once you get used to looking for faces in unexpected places, they are easy to find.

Sunset:  I didn't catch a sunset this week.  I just missed one on Tuesday...I could see it but couldn't get to a good place to capture it.  I remembered this amazing sunset from mid-August one night when I took my Aunt Lois for ice cream.  I called this "Lois' Sunset"....it was incredible, and I'm glad she was there to share it with me.

Warm:  All kinds of things came to mind for me with this word.  Yesterday in the woods the leaves on the ground created a blanket of warm colors.

That's it for my scavenger hunting for this week.  I'll be busy looking for the items for next week's hunt.  Thanks for stopping by to check out my finds.  Your visit is always appreciated.


15 comments:

Christine said...

That sunset is amazing! Also love the face you found in nature, nice pics!

Rosie said...

What a great assortment of photos! I'll definitely vote for Pamina - such a beauty!
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog on Friday and leaving such nice words! I can use the encouragement these days...! Yes, I'm still doing the 365 with Maegan, though I don't post the photos daily. But I have "a picture of the day" for every day on my computer. :-)

Ashley Sisk said...

These are really great - your sunset is soo soo beautiful. And your cat is gorgeous, and your niece's pumpkin is quite cute. I hope you're having fun with the scavenger hunt - this week was a challenge for me but you seemed to work it out. Have a great week!

Tara said...

Great shots, love the Jack O'Lantern and your niece's response...adorable.

Gina said...

I love your photos...I too was looking in nature as well, but I was seeing faces all over.

Style Attic said...

I can't even choose, it's all such eye candy :)

jeffkny said...

Love your photos, You have a way with the camera.

cynthia said...

I'm with you. I took nature literally. That face on that tree is a great find.

Sheri said...

Warm is beautiful!

Jamie said...

Great finds this week! Your niece's expression is priceless.

Carol Blackburn said...

Great shots, Susan. The tree with the buggy eyes is funny. I see faces in nature quite easily (probably too easily). LOL

walshblog said...

Great shots, I love seeing your shots each week, they keep getting better and better. I love the sunset one!

Clare B said...

Lovely photos Susan. The sunset is lovely, although I love the lighting in the first photo - you really nailed the side-lighting in that one.

Elizabeth's Photo Blog said...

Great shots! Love them all especially warm and faces in nature.

Emptyhead51 said...

Every one of your photos are amazing! Your entry for "Faces formed in nature" is my favorite. Photography is so much fun!