Pages

Followers

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Scavenger Hunt



It's Sunday, time to fess up whether or not I've found everything on Ashley Sisk's scavenger hunt list during the past week.  The "hunted" were: golden, smell, fruit, simple, and sports.  I've taken to carrying a little list each week, of the 5 items I'm to be searching for.  More often than not I find them when I least expect it.  Here's my takes for this week.


Golden:  My timid rescue dog Tula.  She's not a fan of the camera, but I have better luck getting a shot of her (well a shot of her not cowering) outdoors.  She is a mixed breed and has a coat of lovely golden color. And it amazes me that even her eyelashes are golden.

Smell:  This was the hardest item for me this week.  Finally decided on warm fresh pastry from the bakery.

Fruit:  'Tis apple picking time here in Maine.  My mom would be so proud of this healthy snack choice.  As a kid wanting a snack after school she would usually say "have an apple."

Simple:  This sweet little scarecrow was guarding a neighborhood garden.  I don't think he's scary enough to keep anything away though.

Sports:  I love this picture.  I could have used it for smell (ewww) or simple too.  Converse sneakers...today a fashion statement, or non-statement, but back in the day people actually wore them or their cousins the high tops, to play basketball.  Nothin' like a pair of "Chuckie T's".

Thank you for checking out my scavenger list.  Check in next week to see what I've found out and about.


14 comments:

Ashley Sisk said...

Great work this week. I think my favorite is your fruit shot. I love the composition. Yeah, I find that I carry a list with me as well and always seem to find photos I never would have imagined.

justine said...

oh I love that dog! it would love my black and yellow labs. What great shots here, and thank you for your lovely words on my blog it really did make my day, thankyou

playdoughinmycarpet said...

I love the dog shot; Tula has such a kind face! I had to look around your blog after seeing your blog title and read about your journey. I'm a singer myself and can't even imagine what it must be like to hear less of the music around you (although I'm sure you have it within). You've taken beautiful pictures and are still able to express yourself artistically so well.

Pam @ Kassie's Beach said...

Great shots. My favorite is your golden. What a cutie. Love the apple too!

Katie said...

You have such a cute dog! Your smell shot is making me crave pastries!! And I had to LOL at your sports comments! :)

Carol Blackburn said...

Beautiful photos, Susan........I think I can smell that pastry. Guess I'm hungry!

Becki said...

I love the shot of your Chucks and "golden" is so sweet, good job!

Elizabeth's Photo Blog said...

Great shots! My favorite is the chucks. Love your golden too.

Linda Robinson said...

I Loved looking at all your shots.. I loved your chucks shot.. I have three pair and love taking pictures of them, I don't why, I just think they look cool. Your golden shot is so sweet.. Loved it..

walshblog said...

I love the chucks shot! Favorite shoes hands down.

Jamie said...

Great finds this week.

Clare B said...

The fruit shot it my favourite as well, like how you took a bite out of the apple first.

Becca said...

I guess I've missed your Scavenger Hunt until now, I'm not so great at keeping up with everyone I guess! I really like your Golden shot. I was hoping someone had a Golden Retv. for this shot. They are so cute! I've also been checking out your ocean shots...I've always wanted to visit Maine.
Enjoy your day!

Laloofah said...

The scavenger hunt theme is really fun! Of course, any photo of Tula will always be my favorite. She is golden in more ways than one. :-) But I also love the scarecrow... he's so sweet that maybe the crows will leave his garden alone just out of kindness! And your mom was right about the apple (though I've always preferred bananas and pears!)

Several years ago I got it into my head that I just HAD to have a pair of red high-top Converse sneakers! I never did fulfill that longing, and eventually it went away, probably back into the mysterious place that all such inexplicable desires come from. But I still think they're fun, and I like your "non-fashion statement" a lot! Have you seen the cool Converse boots? Found them on an Irish blog, so don't know if they're available here... but check them out! Last photo on this post...