Pages

Followers

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Scavenging Around 45/365



Sunday....yah.  Sunday on a 3 day weekend....even sweeter.  Also time for Scavenger Hunt Sunday over at Ashley's blog Ramblings and Photos.  Click the button above to see the other beautiful captures on this week's search topics: pink, books, fall colors, leaf, and orange.  Here are my finds out there in this beautiful fall season.

Pink:  I really, really didn't want to use a flower for pink this week.  I wanted to stretch a little beyond flowers.  Yesterday I went out shooting in the late afternoon light to see what the sun would offer.  With frost on the doorstep, I was surprised to find this beauty.  How could I not include it?  None of my other "pinks" can hold a candle to this charmer.

Books:  Straight from the biography section of the local library.

{45/365} Fall Colors:  I think this may be an odd selection for fall colors, but I love the little peeks of them atop and through this old fence.  Fall at times shows itself a dreary gray as well.

Leaf:  I took my dog for a walk in the woods early last week and found this hitchhiker on my windshield when I returned to my car.

Orange:  I'm not a fan of the orange flower, but this display of orange and white blossoms was caught in perfect light. I couldn't resist.

Thank you for checking out my scavenger hunt finds and happy long weekend to you.

11 comments:

Carol Blackburn said...

All so beautiful, Susan. Love the line up of books and of course the weathered fence. Beautiful sunny day here in the hills, hope it's great where you are, too.

Christine said...

I like the leaf on the windshield! Pink is pretty too!

Dana at StrawberryTart! said...

The leaf on the windshield is perfect.

Tara said...

Great job, I love the leaf, books and pink!

Ashley Sisk said...

I'm so glad you did include that beautiful pink flower - what a wonderful capture...as are your other shots. Great work! I hope you have a wonderful week. I wish I had a 3-day weekend!

Linda Robinson said...

Your pink flower is a great shot... I also like the hitchhiking leaf. Very cool. Hope your having a happy day.. ~Linda

Shell said...

Great shots! I love the books :)

walshblog said...

Wonderful shots, I love the pink one.

jeffkny said...

I am returning the favor of a visit...you have wonderful shots, and wonderful words to go with them. I love the fence and books in your Scavenger Hunt. The 365 looks interesting...I may have to join in.

Susan said...

Hi Susan,
Thanks for stopping by my blog. I love your gray capture of fall as well.
The pink shot is wonderful, and I like the depth of field of the book shot.
Have a great week!
Susan

Laloofah said...

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, these photos are all great! Being partial to flowers, though, the spectacular pink and the magnificent orange blooms are my very favorites! I must say, I've never seen an orange flower like that one, and I love his beautiful white friend peeking shyly over his shoulder. :-) That hitchhiking leaf is a heartwarmer too, how could you not love that?!