Pages

Followers

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

The Wonder of Water 40/365



This post is in response to "today" over at Communal Global where every Tuesday they encourage others to share the today from their corner of the world.  Here's my today here in southern Maine.


I notice when fall takes hold, the color of the ocean changes to a green-gray.  With the dreary overcast sky the ocean's color is accentuated and calls to me to make warm stew, bake a hearty pie, or build a fire to linger beside.  I am drawn to the ocean over and over again.  I am blessed to live close enough to visit it everyday should I so please.  It's mood, like a living being, is ever changing.


In summer months these benches are full and from them you hear the sounds of children and laughter coming from the beach.


Not far from where I work there is a small park named after Roger.  I should find out who Roger is and why this little park that abuts the river is named for him.  When time is short I take my dog for a quick run on the path that rings a pond in the middle of the park.  She runs and takes in all the wonderful dog smells and when we head home she is contented. 

I love to photograph the river...the moving water changes the scene so it is new upon each visit.

River bubbles.

{40/365} Floating leaves caught today on the rocks....sure to have moved along when I next visit.

Thank you for visiting me here in Maine....today.


7 comments:

Marla said...

Gosh. These pictures look so cold. I guess it really is fall, right?

Marla @ www.asthefarmturns.wordpress.com

Life with Kaishon said...

Oh my goodness. What a beautiful place to live! I can just imagine how gorgeous and colorful your world will be turning these next few weeks! Can't wait to see your pictures!

Rose said...

Beautiful photos. You live in such a lovely place. I can feel the autumn atmosphere in your pics.

Ashley Sisk said...

This is so peaceful. I wish I had such beauty like this to photograph. Actually...I might. need to find it!

Jamie said...

Lovely! You should add these to mortal muses for their movement theme.

Carol Blackburn said...

Lovely photos as usual, Susan.

Laloofah said...

These are beautiful. I love water photos and autumn leaves photos, so guess which photo in this post is my very favorite? (If you guessed the last one, you win!) :-)