Pages

Followers

Friday, November 5, 2010

Anticipation 71/365

This post is part of Macro Friday over at Blogging from Bolivia.  If you're like me and you enjoy macro photos...head on over.


For weeks now (OK, maybe more like months) I've been complaining about my dinosaur-esque computer gasping its last breaths.  Yesterday later afternoon...."ta-da"...my new computer finally arrived.  I am one happy camper and a lucky camper too that my old timer didn't keel over and die before the new youngster arrived.

I had little time to get acquainted with my new Dell last evening before bed, so this morning I arose early, grabbed a quick breakfast and planted my butt in front of the screen to try and figure things out.  I also downloaded my new copy of Photoshop (that's 2...count them 1, 2 new things for me to spend my weekend trying to absorb). Between all this excitement and the miserable rainy weather we're incurring there hasn't been much photography happening for the last 24 hours.  I did manage to snag a couple of out on a limb macro shots though.  Thanks in advance for understanding their oddity.

{71/365}  Just before bed last night I realized I had NO 365 shot, all the excitement, you know.  Computers are pretty boring to shoot, but I kind of liked this orange glow from the cable attachment.  I don't think my last computer did this....but that connection was located on the rear....who knows?




Who knew breakfast cereal could be so interesting?  I first had this cereal, Wheatabix, when I was on a cruise as a child.  It comes in oval shaped bisquits you crumble into the bowl.  I think it's from the UK.  Now they sell it in the grocery and not only that....it's good for you.  Look at all those hardy grains.

And as soon as that bowl of cereal was polished off it was straight to the computer. 
By the way, so far I like my new Dell a lot-and compared to its8 year old predecessor, it is smokin' fast.  Yay!

8 comments:

justine said...

you have made weetabix look fantastic!!!! what a great idea for macro friday. Thanks so much for your comment, I worry that my pictures are all the same though if you can spot them! if you feel like it just add the occasional black and white, I was struggling with my 365 which is why I did it.

Christina said...

That is really interesting. Try looking at it after its soaked up a bunch of milk. hehe

And Miles To Go... said...

wow, two new things in one day--lucky you! What a very life relevant and beautiful macro you shot. Enjoy your new "toys"

Rosie said...

So beautiful, Weetabix... great idea!

Coneflower Ranch said...

Congrats on your new dell! I know what joy a new computer can bring, just got one for my bday last month!

Carol Blackburn said...

Congratultions on the new arrival....:)
Looks like a great cereal to introduce kids too..they get to break it with their hands. I wonder how it's marketed in the UK?

Ashley Sisk said...

You're so cute...I love the cereal, but the computer shot makes me laugh...I mean we're all in front of our computer so much anyways...why not?! BTW, I once took a shot of cereal and I was later told by someone that it was their favorite shot. I thought it was kinda strange, but different photos speak to different people.

Mommy2Four said...

Very cool......congrats on your new addition!