Pages

Followers

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Aspiration 79/365

This post is in response to "aspiration" at the Sunday Creative being guest hosted by Justine over at Justine Gordon Photography.
The Sunday Creative

I've been thinking about aspiration since Sunday.  My Aunt Lois fell a couple weeks back and hurt her shoulder-and the doctor has aspirated it several times.  I'm sending healing thoughts to her and hoping surgery won't be necessary.  That's the aspiration that's been on my mind.

Today I'm focusing on aspiration in a different sense.  I've read the definition, again, and am trying to think of what I aspire to be or to reach for.  I keep asking people for ideas....because I'm kind of stuck and don't know what direction to go.  If you have any ideas for me, leave them in the comment section...I need ideas.

When my sudden hearing loss came on, I had to give up my music teaching career.  I now sell real estate and I know that this line of work is not my passion.  My passion is music and well, that's not a legitimate option for me anymore.  I started taking photos last May thinking that it might fill part of that gaping hole in my creative spirit, and it has.  Now I need to satisfy my whole self including my working self.  I do aspire to be something other than a realtor, but I just don't know which way to set sail and toward what goal or purpose.  Ideas?  Anyone?  Bueller?  Anyone?  Anyone?

So for now I aspire to keep plodding along with work.  I keep taking photos and trying to increase my photography skills, keep writing and visiting my inner spirit, keep my senses open to new possibilities and for new dreams.  I hope my photos portray my search as I'm still uncertain.

Looking up, but not sure where I'm going

{79/365} I can see there's so much out there-just not sure which way to go

I'm sure it will all come in to focus in good time, and when I'm ready.

This weekend I'm in Boston having fun shooting photos.  My hotel view is amazing and the weather delightful.

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

I love this. I love your photos and I hope you find what you're looking for. All the best...

justine said...

I love your post on aspiration, your photos are great and love how you have put words to them especially the blurred last one. I'm sure the right thing will come in time, I am a great believer in waiting and things happen or you take different directions, wish I could find the answer too, now my children are grown up I am struggling to find which way to go too. Thanks so much for entering this week.

urban muser said...

love your post. your photos are wonderful!!

Carol Blackburn said...

Hope you are having a wonderful time. Don't forget to photograph some of those Boston tourists.

Sonja J said...

How about putting a show of your photos together somewhere? With your wonderful writing you could also put a book together with your photos and publish it yourself!

Siobhan said...

Loved the blurred effect in the second shot!!