Pages

Followers

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Boston Sunday Scavenger

This post is in response to Scavenger Hunt Sunday over at Ashley's blog Ramblings and Photos.  Lots of fun to play, so join in. 



This weekend I treated myself to some time away in Boston.  It's been waaaayyyyyy too long since I've had a vacation, and although a weekend doesn't = a vacation, it's been fab to be away from home.  My reason to be here in Boston was to shoot photos.  I love taking photos where I live in Maine, but I thought it would be fun for me to be in a new fresh environment for a change, and it has been.  I decided to complete my scavenger hunt with the things I've found here.

This week I was looking for: self-portrait, handmade, orange, candle, and traffic signals/signs.

Self-Portrait:  Balancing her camera on the hotel chair to create a makeshift tripod she manages to squeak out a selfie with some of her balcony view, (and some of her balcony) at the hotel. 
  (p.s. I'm having fun in case you can't tell.)

Handmade:  Not only handmade...hand-making as well.  This young man was selling bracelets in Harvard Square.  He said business was kind of hit or miss. 

Orange:  Dang.  These tourist trolleys are everywhere.  I avoided them and took the T instead.

Candle:  This was the hardest one for me.  I didn't see any candles in my travels.  This water park near the Prudential Center reminded me of the fireworks called Roman Candles.

Alternately....the light from the street makes the city seem likes it glowing with candlelight.

Traffic signs:  I was walking all day and didn't pay much attention to traffic signs.  I thought this fork in the road was kind of pretty.

That's it for this week.  Looking forward to next week's list.  Now I'm going to go find myself a REAL cup of coffee and some breakfast that doesn't cost $18.  Thanks for checking out my Bostonian scavenger photos.



12 comments:

SarahinSC said...

I've always wanted to go to Boston. Thanks for giving me a glimse into what it's all about!

soniaa said...

Love your orange shot! Great contrast.

Style Attic said...

Love the orange shot and your positive message in the self portrait :) I conquer, 2 thumbs up!

Sarah Halstead said...

These are really good. I love the orange and you second "candle" shot.

Ashley Sisk said...

Great set this week - I really like your selfie and the second to last shot. Nicely done. Have a great week!

Anne U said...

Love the orange shot.

Buckeroomama said...

Nice take on CANDLE! =)

Great selfie!

Marci said...

Love the night shot of Boston!

Dazee Dreamer said...

those are awesome pictures. I especially love the fountain one.

Carol Blackburn said...

Just lovely, Susan. I bet Faneiul Hall was bustling. You certainly had lovely weather.

Siobhan said...

Love your self portrait...I too enjoy fun shots....great job on the candle...great shots all and all and thanks for stopping by...I see that you too are doing a 365 day challenge....good luck!!

Jess said...

I can tell you're having a blast with the self portrait. Sometimes they're frustrating, sometimes they're a ton of fun!

Okay, maybe you avoided them but the trolley is awesome. I would love to photograph one of those. Man, the colors, the lines, the character...

LOVE the soft colors of the city at dusk, you caught that *perfect* moment when the sky still has so much color yet the city lights shine too.