Pages

Followers

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Hunting for Stuff 72, 73/365

This post is in response to Scavenger Hunt Sunday over at Ashley's blog Ramblings and Photos.  She has the coolest stuff...check it out. 




This was another busy week for me, but I managed to complete my scavenger hunt this time.  Last week I wasn't so successful.  I remember as a child my Aunt Lois would often say "this has been such a busy month".  It would make me laugh because it seemed like she said that every month.....she probably did.  Now here I am thinking this was a busy week, and last week was a busy week, and the next 2 weeks ahead look like busy weeks and then there's December where the pace of life invariably inches up a couple notches and well there I am alongside my Aunt Lois being perpetually busy.  I guess that's okay....she's a wonderful woman.

This week I was looking for: boo, black, texture, wet, and language.

Boo:  "Princess P" helps unload the groceries, sort of.
Normally when I take photographs I don't set things up.  I'm out and about and see something and try to shoot it the way I found it.  How organic of me.  This one however....I couldn't think of anything for boo but thought a certain someone might be inclined to crawl into a paper bag for a photo op to help me out.  Not a great photo, but a good idea.  I love my cat.

Black:  Dark chocolate is good for you, right?  When I'm going to screw up and bust thru my weight-watchers points allotment I look for the Milky Way in the black wrapper as a concession for doing something "good" for  myself.

Texture:  This is shooting it the way you found it.  I didn't dangle that rope on this large driftwood piece full of texture; the rope was just there.  Whereas the search called for texture I tried applying some of the texture info I learned in Kim's skinny-mini ecourse (which was great btw) but I have no clue if it looks better this way or not.  I need some help on what looks good.  Practice might help I think.

Wet:  {72/365} I have 1 billion oak leaves in my yard (sigh).  Earlier this week this one was stuck to the deck railing.  Raking is in my near future and right when I'm having busy week.  Drat.

Language:  {73/365} I was stumped on this one too, 'til I was grocery shopping last night and saw this in the wine aisle.  "Hola....Juan y Maria vaya a la playa."  That's about all I remember from my high school Spanish class.  Juan and Maria were always going to the beach.

Thanks for checking out my finds this week.  Looking forward to finding more stuff for next week.

19 comments:

Sheri said...

Love love love your kitty cat in the bag! Too sweet!

Sievertsen said...

great shots, fantastic Wet.

Pam Bowers said...

Great shots. Love the kitty in the bag. My previous cat liked cardboard boxes.

AJ said...

Great post! Love your boo shot...so sweet...

Carol Blackburn said...

Wonderful photos, Susan. Hope your weekend is going well.

leavesnbloom said...

These are great and what a good texture to find. I would love to find some driftwood like that on the beach and take it home to sit in my garden as a feature. Your kitty is so cute in that bag!

Schmody said...

Love the wine shot! I also like the shot of the leaf with the droplets of water. Nice!

Tara said...

Love them all but I really love boo and texture!

Ashley Sisk said...

These are all great but your language shot really speaks to me. I hope you have a great week and yes, it's always a busy month.

carlotta said...

Gorgeous captures - I love the angle of you wet shot! So pretty.

walshblog said...

Wow, very pretty shots this week!

Ana said...

Beautiful photos--I really enjoyed them all!

Buckeroomama said...

I really love the droplets of water on the red leaf --beautiful!

agiraffeinascarf said...

Love all your photos this week! I had the same idea for boo but my cats would not cooperate so I kinda failed that one! I love the texture shot too, and the black choc is mouth watering!

Johanna S said...

Great photos - your wet is so beautiful and your language is very good!!

Linda Robinson said...

All your photo's look great. I love your wet shot. And your language is pretty creative. Love it....

Clare B said...

great shots - looking forward to seeing a few of your texture shots now that you're up and running with the skinny course and photoshop

Jamie said...

Great shots! I especially love the second to last one - stunning.

Miss Becky said...

I love each and every one of these. I like your variety, and what catches your eye. I especially like the beauty of the leaf.
thanks for stopping at my place and for your words of encouragement. I have enrolled in the Skinny Mini class and intend to head over there just after this to begin as I'm very excited to begin!