Pages

Followers

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Scavenger Hunting 94/365

Well it's Sunday again and time for the Scavenger Hunt over at Ashley's blog Rambling and Photos.  Check out the other cool takes on this week's list by following the button below....and try playing along next week; it really is quite fun.


This week we were searching for:  Black and White, I Ate This, Historic, Off-Center, and The End.

I haven't blogged in close to a week.  I've been crabby.  Last Sunday night I realized that the flash drive where I was storing all of my photos from the month of November was corrupted or somehow damaged.  I lost about 1,700 photographs and I've been in a stinky funk for days now.  In addition to the weekly fun photo challenges I do, I'm taking a digital photography class with a final project due in about 2 weeks, and I'm also participating in a November Photo Challenge that was almost complete when the shit hit the fan.  So....I'm sort of over it now, but grrrrrrrrrr, you know? 

I did however go right out and start shooting MORE photos.  Maybe losing photos isn't all bad....it's a good excuse to take more (as if I really needed a reason).  :)

Here are my takes for this week:

Black and White:  Just a plain old telephone/electric pole in my neighborhood.  I thought the shot turned out rather appealing tho.

I Ate This:  Here's my stainglass filtered breakfast from Becky's Diner (nuthin' finah).  Playing around with filters to see what I might like to include in my final project....and so maybe you won't notice what a big breakfast I had yesterday.

Historic:  The H.H. Hay Building is in downtown Portland.  I love how the end is barely wide enough to allow for a door frame.  Formerly a drug store now home to Starbucks (of course) and shops.

Off-Center:  This seagull's perch spoke perfectly to off center.  Thanks gull.

{94/365} The End:  The end of an alley in downtown Portland.

That's it for my finds this week.  Looking forward to linking up again next week with a brand new list.  Thanks for checking out my takes.

10 comments:

Carol Blackburn said...

Wonderful photos, Susan. I find those buildings intersting, too. In Massachusetts they call them "flat iron" buildings because they are shaped like a flat iron; remember those?

SarahinSC said...

I too have lost thousands of pictures (well over a year's worth) and it's devastating. I can understand your funk. Gotta move on though since once they're gone, they're gone. It's good incentive to get out there and shoot, shoot, shoot! You got some nice shots this week!

Ashley Sisk said...

Great work this week - I especially love your off center shot. I would hate to lose all my pictures but it happens. Be sure you regularly back them up now!

A New England Life said...

I saw you over at Carolines so I thought I'd stop by, and as it turns out we both live in New England! How I love Kennebunkport but it's so touristy that I don't visit very often.

I too have lost photos in the past. Now I back them up on an external hard drive as well as Google Picasa. Many photographers will actually back their photos up in 3 places, just to be sure!

Keep shooting!

Sharon

Dazee Dreamer said...

Those are all so awesome.

Buckeroomama said...

LOVE your Off-Center and your Historic shots!

Sorry that you lost so many photos. Ugh. Once I thought I'd lost my camera and I was more upset at losing the memory card inside the camera than the actual camera itself!

carlotta said...

Great shots - the building in your historic photo is very cool :)

Alita said...

Your off center picture is perfect. I love your vision.

Phoenix Peacock said...

what a cool historic building!

staci said...

Love the Black&White photo, seems so quiet !!!