Pages

Followers

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Serene 74/365

This post is in response to "serene" for You Capture over at Beth's blog I Should Be Folding Laundry.
Photobucket


This week has not been feeling too serene.  In fact, I don't feel serene very often.  Until today the weather has been drizzly and gusty.  To the delight of local surfers, the ocean has been churning, pounding, and spraying too.  I've had a sense of hectic-ness in my days and commitments on both ends of my days making them long.  I need to get me some of that serenity and fast, I say.

I didn't think I'd find much serenity in my photographs, but to my delight it was there.  In reflection, I often shoot serene things; perhaps that's making up for uncontrollable turbulence going on around me.  Who knows?  Here are some serene sights I caught amid the chaos and raindrops.

This local antiques barn connects to a large old home near town.  It's grey color against a grey sky seems serene to me.

I took this photo for a photo challenge where the word of the day was "six", but the setting has a sense of serenity.

As the weather turns cooler there are fewer and fewer skiffs tied at the working dock.  Skiffs tied to a dock always seem serene to me.

On this day the ocean was very active, but in the river all was calm.

{74/365}  An in-town barn for offices and condominiums attached to the local independent pharmacy.  Yes, serene.

Thank you for viewing the serene settings I found, while zipping through days that were anything but.

9 comments:

Ashley Sisk said...

There is definitely serenity in these photos - especially the shot of the boats...love that. I think most of us are constantly looking for serenity in this crazy life.

Rebekah said...

It's funny that we sometimes are noticing the things we need (i.e. serenity) and I hope you get to slow down a little bit very soon and enjoy a moment of peacefulness.

Miss Becky said...

I am simply in love with your eye for catching great photos. Each and every one is so impressive to me. Your wit shows through in what you photograph and I love that.
Thanks for your support and encourage regarding my photoshop class Dorian Susan. For now, I have to let it go as I've run up against a brick wall that is not budging.
But I learned a whole lot!!! Thanks.

Carol Blackburn said...

Great photos, Susan. Hope you are having a great week. Beautiful sunny day here up north.

Here Forward said...

What a great challenge it was this week to be reminded that serenity is all around us...just waiting for us to stop long enough to notice. I love the water photos!

And Miles To Go... said...

that first photo is stunning! Beautiful photos.

Jamie said...

Love the photo of the boats at the dock.

justine said...

I love your serene shots, love that post box - wish I had one like that in the UK! your water pictures always make me feel serene. Thanks again for your lovely comment.

Barb said...

The skiffs tied to the dock was wonderful. I love the angle you shot from.