Pages

Followers

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Tired Sunday Scavenger

Say it isn't so!  It can't possibly be Sunday again.  Where did the week go?  Alas, it is Sunday and that means time for the Sunday Scavenger Hunt over at Ashely's blog Ramblings and Photos.  Hit this button to check out what other people found this week.




I'm really surprised I'm awake and functioning....it may not last.  Two sold out concerts each with crowds of 600 plus.  Standing ovations not only at the end of the concert, but in the middle after an especially moving number-those are the standing O's that are really cool to receive-as if people are just pulled out of their seats.  Doesn't happen very often.  This was the first time I did not participate as a singer.  Rather bittersweet for me.  Singing has become too difficult and frustrating for me, so I've been focusing on photography rather than music (and that's been a good thing).  But I was "in the house" last night accompanying the chorus by playing West African percussion....and that was very fun.  We definitely "rocked the house" Ghanaian style.  Very cool.

But that's way off topic, what I'm supposed to be reporting are my finds out there in the world this week.  I was searching for: the view above, something hot, something cold, electronic, and sparkle.  Here are my takes.

The View Above: A row of birds were sitting nicely on the wire and then were suddenly startled.  I was disappointed until I saw the effect.

Something Hot:  I know this doesn't look hot, but last night the sounds coming from the drum section were smokin' hot.  This is my djembe and colorful Ghanaian sash.

Something Cold:  With the overcast Northeastern grey, the beach was pretty cold on my walk with Tula yesterday morning.

Electronic:  John (and his sore thumb) setting the soundboard before yesterday's concert.

Sparkle:  Frosty leaves I found on my morning walk.

That's my scavenging for this week.  Thanks for taking a peek. 
 I'm gonna skip out and snap a few pics and then there's a big fluffy couch with my name on it....zzzzzz.  The cat is going to have to find another locale for her daily snooze.  More likely she'll be sharing my nap with me.

10 comments:

Ashley Sisk said...

So many gorgeous pictures - I love every one of them. Beautiful.

Dazee Dreamer said...

oh my gosh. I loved the view above and the sparkle.

Zoe said...

I love the bird photo! It's beautiful! I love the sparkly frost too.

Carol Blackburn said...

Great photos, Susan....so glad the concert went well. Isn't it a good kind of tired????

Charlene said...

Your bird image turned out so well!

theresabridget said...

I love your "something hot" shot, it is so nice to see creative interpretations!

My Captivating Images said...

What luck with the birds! That is an awesome shot.Hot is your intrpretation of hot and I think that is cool!

Elizabeth's Photo Blog said...

Wonderful shots! I love the view above and electronic.

Phoenix Peacock said...

ooo I love how the startled birds turned out. and the frosty leaf!

Jess said...

LOVE the birds! That photo is so simple, yet so moving. Seriously love it!