Pages

Followers

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Today 60, 68, 69/365

This post is in response to "today" over at the beautiful blog Communal Global.  Check out the other takes on today they have posted.  The photographs are always a joy to see. 






Today is voting day.  I just went to the town hall and performed my civic duty.  I have the sticker on my lapel to prove it.  I know voting is very important, but I'm just so beyond done with politics.  I've never liked it.  I remember disliking it and seeing it for all it's lies, cronyism, and smoke and mirrors way back at age 14.  But I voted, and I know that many have fought and died to preserve the process.  I really do get it, but I still don't have to like it.  By the way....I don't complain when I don't agree with the way things go.  Politics...blah, blah, blah.


{69/365} Keeping Dad proud.

There are many things I'd rather think about other than politics. 
 Like taking photos for example of....

Beautiful roadside berries....or

{68/365} Views that make you pull over to snap a view frames....or

Cool rusted up antique trucks....but

{60/365} A small portion of my father's political button collection. He LOVES politics.




...today is for the political junkies, like my Dad.  I hope they enjoy their day.  Tomorrow we can all be thankful that the political ads are finally over, the ugly signs will be purged from local intersections and things can sort of get back to normal.  That's my today....thanks for stopping by.

4 comments:

Ashley Sisk said...

Looks like a politically productive day. :)

likeschocolate said...

I have to say I will be glad when the phone calls end. Yesterday, I think I got at least 10. Yeah for a quiet house again. I will also be glad not to have to listen to the mud slinging campaigns. Wished they had just focused in on what their issues were. Congratulations for voting. Not everyone does.

Clare B said...

Congrats on going out to vote. It's compulsory in Australia (although not when you're overseas, so I escape at the moment)

Buckeroomama said...

I see politics as a necessary evil... something we just have to live with.