Pages

Followers

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Today 97/365

This post is in response to "today" at communal global featuring photos and thoughts from all over the world.  Follow the button and check it out-or link up with a bit of your today too.





Today is the last day of November.  Wow; how did that happen?  Alas it has.  I am thankful because there's no snow on the ground....yet.  Snow is nearly inevitable here in Maine.  While I can accept that it is beautiful, I still don't like it.  And with snow comes dirt that seems to last all winter-yuck.

So, therefore today I'm enjoying a touch of frost without having to wade through snow to enjoy it.  I found a frozen rose garden this morning on my walk with Tula.  With my photo final looming closer each day, I decided to try some different filters on my frozen rose bud photo.  I can't decide which I prefer...they're all pleasing.  Do you have a favorite?

{97/365} Here's the original with just some level adjustments.

Here it is with some light paper texture thanks to Kim Klassen.

Here's a selective colored b & w with a posterization.  Kind of graphic, but interesting.

This one has paint daub filter.  I wish I'd had better art lessons in grade and middle school.  I have no clue what paint daub is, but this looked rather pretty to me.

Alright enough.  I suppose it's boring looking at the same photo over and over....but I had fun messing around with the shot.  Thanks for checking out my today here in frosty Maine.

11 comments:

Ashley Sisk said...

Great capture - I think I love it with the texture the most. But I'm a texture gal.

Jamie said...

Beautiful photo! I love that you are exploring the art you can create with PS.

I'm with you in the hatred of snow - which is too bad since I'm surrounded by a ton of it.

Rosie said...

Beautiful! I think I'd also go with the textured version, although actually I like the original very much, too!

Miss Becky said...

oh now I disagree about the snow! I'm anxiously awaiting our first snowfall here in SE Wisconsin but it just isn't happening - yet. I'm sure it will though. By mid-January I'm ready for spring, and we have a good three more months of drab until that happens! I love your frosty rose, and I think my favorite is the first one, or maybe the bottom one. I really like the colors and I love what you're doing with PS.

Life with Kaishon said...

Frost sure does make the world look pretty, doesn't it? This is just lovely! : ) As always, thank you ever so much for joining us for Tuesdays Around the World. We are always glad when you join : ) Enjoy your frost!

Manisha said...

What a stunning photo! The adjustments you made were fun to see! We've got snow and I'm trying to appreciate it, but it's difficult.

Angela said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. Love all the different ways you have done this photo!

Carol Blackburn said...

Great shots, Susan. I noticed all that frost too on my way home from work this morning. Brrrrrr!

Buckeroomama said...

I love the last one... but actually all were special in their own ways. :)

Thank you so much for joining us at Communal Global. :)

Stepping On Cheerios said...

Brrrrrr and beautiful:)

Anita Johnson said...

I like the one with the textures the best! We haven't had snow here either (Wisconsin) and I haven't missed it at all. Looks like snow is headed our way on Saturday!