Pages

Followers

Friday, December 10, 2010

Frozen 107/365

This post is in response to "frozen" supplied by Maegen over at The Sunday Creative.  Take a little run over to her blog Life Set to Words and see how others have interpreted frozen. I'm also making my contribution to Macro Friday over at Laura' Blogging from Bolivia where it's likely a little warmer.

The Sunday Creative 

I am delighted to say that last night I finally finished my final project for my digital photography class.  Going through hundreds and hundreds of images to select just what fits the theme, fits together, and what conveys what you want to say-not to mention the editing.  Wow-big job.  Glad I'm not going to be stressing with that over the weekend.  It feels good to just sit with it and kind of enjoy it for a few days before sharing it with my classmates.

So, with that big hurdle in the rear view mirror, I actually had time today to ponder frozen.  Very timely as it is quite chilly in Maine these last few days-and ice is making it's presence known on ponds, puddles, and in the briny edge of the marshes.  I'm not complaining-we don't have snow (yet).

I wasn't allowed much TV as a kid.  My mother sent my brother and I out to play rather than let us lounge in front of the "idiot box".  We were allowed a maximum of 2 hours per day-that's it.  I got thinking about the Flintstones today though....and I remembered when Fred and Barney were going anywhere in a hurry at first their bodies would remain stationary and their feet would do this circular thing where it looked like they had 5 legs.  The many legs would spin like a bike tire and all of a sudden......whoosh.....their little cartoon bodies would shoot into action.  I think I think too much.

Anyway....I guess this is my metaphor of self.  For quite sometime I've been frozen-not moving forward-no momentum, but yet my legs are spinning fast, fast, fast.  It's as if I'm working very hard, but yet, I'm not going anywhere-anywhere that I can see, that is. When one is creating so much energy one ought to feel like they're getting more than baby steps for results.  Apparently I need to just wait for the big.....whoosh.....into action.  I shall try and be patient.  All in good time.

So although my images show a cold and icy frozen, my mind is thinking about when I might become unfrozen and find some new paths to travel.  On with the show.

Sparkly frost on my deck railing first thing this morning.  Pretty.

The shadows on the deck were pretty too....more icy sparkles.

Ice causes such interesting shapes and variance of color.

{107/365} Here's my macro-esque shot....
And lest you think my mind just wanders and fails to actually think about things-here's proof those thoughts link together sometimes.  Such a lovely crystal find amid the dirt and November leaves.

17 comments:

Ashley Sisk said...

I love the last shot - very cool!

Natalie said...

OH! I cant wait to take some like that! ITs supposed to snow here over the weekend so im excited :D

justine said...

oh these are lovely, love that last shot with the light coming through as the two sections meet, absolutely gorgeous.

Anika said...

Wow, love that abstract one. Did you alter it at all in PS? The ice is so wavy looking! Great frozen shots. Congrats on finishing the class!

Jess said...

Love the last one, and also the abstract-ness (is that even a word?) of the frozen puddle.

Carol Blackburn said...

Hi Susan, great shots. Love that quote by D.H. Lawrence. I should post that in my studio.

Steph said...

great shots, love to see everyone at different levels of photography, you defiantly know what you are doing.

lisahudson said...

These are just stunning! Lovely images, and a lovely sentiment attached. Thank you so much for sharing.

Jamie said...

Congrats on finishing your project!!!

Gorgeous photos

Barbara said...

Congrats on the project, and I love the crystal, it's beautiful.

Rosie said...

Wow, what great photos! And that macro is absolutely fantastic! Have a wonderful weekend and the patience you are wishing for!

Laura said...

Stunning ice shots. My favourite is the shapes made by ice. I'd hang that on my wall! Have a great weekend!

Mommy2Four said...

Ice is so abstract.....love it! Great shots!

Olivia said...

Lovely ice shots-interesting!

Maegan Beishline said...

Love those of the frost and morning light on your deck! Beautiful!

Randy said...

Hello I stumbled upon your blog while looking at Kim Klassen's blog. I just love your photographs. I look forward to seeing more. Have a wonderful Sunday!

Anesha said...

Love these photos, super. Anesha :)