Pages

Followers

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

November Favorite 80/365

Maegen over at Life Set to Words has done a shout out for us to proclaim our favorite November 365 photo.  I'm really glad she did this, because I've gotten behind on my postings and this is a reminder about that.  It also gives me permission to take a moment to examine my work...you know, and puff up a bit.  Hey if you don't toot your own horn....right?

Just yesterday I noted that I'm more than 3 full months into my 365 and still going strong as I numbered a frosted rose bud 97.  Wow.  That's a lot of photos and that doesn't count all those in the scrap heap.  I find it funny that some days I struggle to find a suitable image and the next day I have 7 or 8 contenders vying to be "the" photo of the day.  Weird how that happens.

I'm also glad to have this moment to reflect because I recently lost ALL my photographs from November 1st thru the 24th.  I'm trying to let it go, but wow that hurts.  Most difficult is to not have the 800 photos (photos, not necessarily good photos) I shot when I spent the weekend in Boston specifically to take photographs.  But....I have the memories and perhaps a very good excuse to go back and do it again.  It may have a way of working itself out.

The upside is I do store my 365 on my Flickr account and didn't lose any of my 365 collection.  Just so happens that my choice for the "yay me" photo is one I took that weekend in Boston and never posted here on my blog.  I guess I got "blogged down" sifting through so many photographs. 

Without further adieu, here's my November favorite. 

{80/365} Christian Science Building near Avenue of the Arts downtown Boston.  I was so excited to come across this amazing building in my wandering.  The huge reflecting pool in front and the brilliant blue sky were pure bonus.  Wow. 
Thanks for checking it out.


 

8 comments:

Micheline said...

I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your photos. It's commendable that you're looking for the silver lining. This picture must be helping a little. It's gorgeous. Absolutely gorgeous.

Corinne said...

My heart dropped when I read that you lost all those photos :( I'm so sorry...
But that favorite of yours is gorgeous!

Kelly said...

Wow. That's really beautiful! So glad you didn't lose that one. And, I love your optimistic attitude about your photos. :)

Jamie said...

What a stunning photo!

justine said...

what a great photograph and so sorry to hear about you losing your photographs, it's awful when that happens. Look forward to seeing you on flickr.

{Amy} said...

gorgeous picture above. i would love to visit Boston one day. i am truly sorry for you losing your photos..what a bummer!

Miss Becky said...

I'm so sorry you lost those photos. I'm careless about that sort of thing and this is a wake-up for me to be focused and get my photos on discs.
I love this photo, it's magnificent. I'm happy that you have the memories of the days spent in Boston. I especially loved your self-portrait.
You most certainly should toot your horn, loudly.

Carol Blackburn said...

Awesome shot, Susan. Love the reflections and how all the other buildings around seem to meld into one.