Pages

Followers

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Scavenger 122/365



This post is part of Scavenger Hunt Sunday over at Ashley's blog Ramblings and Photos.  Always interesting to see how others did while looking for the right stuff to complete the weekly list.  If you haven't tried this, you might consider it a fun New Year's resolution.  I find it stretches my photography to places I might not have considered going without a little push.  Thanks Ashley.  This week's items were: Family, Motion Blur, Pretty Package, Glow, and Sparkle.  Here are my takes:

Family:  This is a shot of my brother and his 2 year old daughter, Lily.  I entitled this photo "Smitten" and love the look of adoration that radiates from him.  I'm sure he's totally screwed.  This little lady is going to break his heart thousands of times....and I suppose it will all be worth it.

Motion Blur:  This is the big brother.  I don't think this is a very good photo, but it's a perfect rendition of Quinn's activity all Christmas Day long.  He personified motion blur.

Pretty Package:  A sweet little ornament on the family tree.

Glow: {122/365}  I love this portrait of my sister in law's mother.  She is a beautiful woman and I think she often has a glow about her.

Sparkle:  Do you have any of these fun 3-D-esque glasses that turn Christmas lights into sparkling lights?  Fun!  Says right on them, "see a snowflake, snowman or Santa in every holiday light"....how great is that? 
 My Mom installs them on the tree each year like an ornament so they're available for anyone to use at anytime for their sparkling pleasure.  Maybe you can find some on sale.
Those are my takes for this week.  Thanks for stopping by to check out my photos.
 


15 comments:

Barbara said...

Great images - the shot of your sister in law's Mum is lovely.

Ashley Sisk said...

That is so cool with the 3D glasses. Very cool. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas.

Rosie@leavesnbloom said...

I've never heard of glasses like that. Along with that great motion blur photo is a fantastic blur in your header aswell!

Mad Mind said...

I love your take on glow. Too often we forget that there are people out there like her. We should be so blessed to have someone like her in our lives.

Christine said...

Sparkle is a very fun shot! Glow is nice too!

Dazee Dreamer said...

oh. I love the picture of your brother and his daughter. so, so, so sweet.

Reading Allowed said...

I love the shot of your sister in law's Mum, what a sweet sentiment

Rosie said...

Beautiful images - I loved your description of the blur shot! :-)

Susan said...

Lovely shots. I like the “sparkle” glasses, I’ve never seen them before!

Style Attic said...

Everything is captured just perfectly! Your daughter's haircut is precious :)

Seizing My Day said...

Love those glasses! ha ha! great package shot!

Jess said...

Your sis-in-law's mom really is glowing. And those sparkle glasses look like fun, what a neat idea to get a shot looking through them.

justine said...

I love your shots, absolutely lovely collection and what a great portrait. I keep forgetting to do scavenger hunt, hopefully next week.

Miss Becky said...

Hi Dorian Susan - I want to know your sister-in-law's mother! She is glowingly beautiful, you are correct. And that look that your brother is giving Lily! You are blessed that you have these people in your life. How fun that your Mum puts out 3-D glasses for looking at ornaments - now I know where your wit and fun outlook on life originates from. I keep going back to gaze at your s-in-l's mother. Astounding beauty. love that photo, love what you've captured. Oh, and congrats on the Patriots winning the AFC East!!! The Packers? A nail-biter to the finish most likely...

The Clip Cafe said...

Just had a look around and you take some really nice photo's - I like your blog :-)