Pages

Followers

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Sunday Scavenging

This post is in response to Ashley's weekly scavenger hunt posted every Sunday.  I love having the fun task of shooting with something in mind.  Really helps when creativity is in a bit of a slump....and this time of year, with such limited light, I'm having more slumps than usual.  Looking forward to the solstice which signifies the turn toward more light and eventually spring and summer.


This week the "things" I was looking for were: Winter (gee that shouldn't be too hard to find), Black and White w/Selective Coloring, The Wind, Framed, and Remember When...

Winter:  Fessin' up, not a big fan of winter, but it comes along anyway.  We've been lucky thus far, not much snow....just a pretty dusting one night last week, making for a beautiful country scene the next day.

BW w/Selective Coloring:  The docks are pretty sparsely filled this time of year.  I can't begin to imagine how cold it must be working on the water during the raw winter months.  The "Charming Lady" looks rather peaceful and inviting...easy to say on the sunny days.

Framed:  I found this cool orange chair in a Massachusetts police station.  I loved the duplication caused by the large mirror.  I've also been playing with my Photoshop "liquify" filter.  Fun-kee. 
What was I doing at the police station? Helping my father get back his car that was stolen right before Thanksgiving.  Thanks to an observant woman who was able to connect with my father after finding his car keys on an exercise trail near her Arlington MA home, he now has his car back.  Nothing like the help of a friendly stranger.  My Dad sent her some fresh Maine lobster as a gesture of thanks.

The Wind:  This one was so hard for me.   Not only is the concept visually abstract, each time I was out and about thinking about wind this week, the air was unusually still.  I finally reached back to a photo I took in late November of these seagulls taking off to ride the wind.

Remember When.....the thought of this guy made your insides tingle with excitement?  Wow; that was so great.




16 comments:

soniaa said...

Love your wind!

Becca said...

Love your photos, and the story about your Dad so sweet. I'm glad it all worked out. The chairs are cool, I like what you did with the filter. Sorry about the wind suggestion, (that was me) we get so much wind here in Vegas I hate it, so that was a little sarcasm there for me, but I didn't even use a Vegas photo for this one! I love your wind photo, because you know those seagulls LOVE the wind for lift...beautiful. Merry Christmas. :-)

Ashley Sisk said...

These are great - I love what you did with the selective color shot - it looks really nice.

Barbara said...

The wind shot is great - I had trouble thinking of one for that too. Love that chair too.

Charlene said...

That’s horrible that your father’s car was stolen but I’m so happy he got it back. I love your chair image. That was such a creative way to use the liquefy tool…so very neat!

SarahinSC said...

Neat shots this week. Wind was very hard. Such an abstract thing to capture.

Dorothy said...

Love your WINTER scene. Looks so peaceful.

Rosie@leavesnbloom said...

I loved these shots - I nearly did a wind shot like yours.

I'm struggling to comment tonight as I am in so much pain in my arm - I have a trapped nerve in my neck.

Pam Bowers said...

Love these. I like the picture of the orange chair.

Michelle said...

oh i love your wind shot :)

Dazee Dreamer said...

Awesome photo's as always.

Carol Blackburn said...

Great shots, Susan...and thanks for clearing up the police station comment because you know I'd be asking :)

Linda Robinson said...

Love all your shots this week.. But that winter shot is my favorite.. ~Linda

Seizing My Day said...

Your first two shots are beautiful!! love horses in fields and boats on the water... ;)

Jamie said...

You got some great shots this week!

Susan said...

Wonderful photos. The wintery horse shot is just lovely. The liquefy filter makes the orange chair especially fun, and how lucky for your father that his car was recovered!