Pages

Followers

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Today

This post is in response to "today" over at communal global.  I love checking out their site featuring everyday images from all over the globe.  Take a peek.



Today I'm just catching up to yesterday....it's all good.  Anyone want to tell me why I keep waking up between 4 and 5 a.m. when I really don't have to be up?  I like arising with the sun and I keep beating it by 2 or 3 hours.  Today I decided rather than stay in bed growing increasingly grumpified that I'd get up and post what I didn't get to when yesterday was today.  Am I making any sense at all?

When yesterday was today, I didn't get my camera out until 3 in the afternoon.  Here in Maine that's unwise as it leaves only an hour before the light is gone.  However yesterday/today the sunset was amazing despite the biting winds.  I took my dog (and my camera) for a walk and then chased around the last of the light hopping in and out of my car to keep warm. 

I recently shared some of my photos with my mother who is trying to understand this new passion of mine....she asked "does anyone ever talk to you when you're out there taking photos?"  What an interesting question.  Most of the time people don't.  They chose to leave me alone making my contorted body poses, pointing my camera at things they'd find ugly, and hopping in and out of my car.  But like I said....it's all good.

Here are a few of my yesterday's today.  Thanks for taking a quick look.  Happy day to you...today.

Lots of holiday lights out and about.

Pretty address marker I spotted on my dog/camera walk.

Through the glass windows of this sunporch I got my first inkling the sunset was going to be a beauty.

Almost looked like a toxic glow in the distance.

I had a hard time getting to a space where I could get a good shot.  This vacant construction site was the most open locale I could get to with my vanishing window of time.  The purple hues were gorgeous.

And yesterday....that was my today.  On to today's today.

5 comments:

Carol Blackburn said...

Mornin' Susan, looks like you are off to a wonderful start. Great shots! Yes, that glow does look dangerous but oh, so beautiful. Wishing you many happy hours with your camera (and dog).

Jamie said...

What a stunning sunset!

Miss Becky said...

Viewing your photos tells me so much about the moments of your day, and that's an art. I love your "eye", and what you write about each photo. That glow is gorgeous, and so is that sun porch with the shiny metal roof...
I'm having some trouble with waking up earlier than usual too, but after years and years of this pattern I realize that it happens with the solstices/equinoxes, and we're approaching the winter solstice. Without fail, this happens to me. I've registered for Find Your Eye, the photog class with Kat. I'm looking forward to it very much, and hope that you'll join in.
As usual, I've so thoroughly enjoyed my visit here! Have a beautiful day Dorian Susan.

Buckeroomama said...

Lovely sunset... and gorgeous colors in the last shot! I also love the holiday lights bokeh... =)

Rosie said...

Beautiful photos - the first one is really amazing and that sunset is gorgeous! Have a wonderful day today - and also tomorrow ;-)