Pages

Followers

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Weekend Reflections

Today I'm posting for the first time to a blog I recently came across called Newtown Area Photo . On the weekend James invites others to contribute to his weekend reflections.  I thought I'd give it a try.  Others can link up and share beautiful reflections they've come across.

I'm delighted to have found James' blog as I used to live in Newtown PA and I'm enjoying seeing places I used to walk and locations I used to visit.  Sweet memories.  I hope James will say hello to Tyler Park for me.  It's the thing I miss most about living in that area.

Here are my weekend reflections.

I was walking in Portsmouth NH last evening.  There were so many people out shopping, but I found a spot of solitude in Prescott Park and enjoyed playing with the reflections from the Portsmouth Naval Shipyard glowing in the Piscatiqua River.  Do you see the crane bejeweled with holiday lights?

On the opposite side of the river I found this ship with 5 stately cranes silently glowing in the dark of the night.

Those are my weekend reflections.  Looking forward to seeing others from 'round the globe.

7 comments:

Leovi said...

Lovely night reflexes. I really like how creative the photo composition of the cranes.

Elisa said...

The night reflections are great
Well done
Greetings
Elisa, from Argentina

Carol Blackburn said...

Wonderful photos, Susan. Great reflections.....

Clytie said...

I love how you captured the night reflections so beautifully. Especially the cranes - the lit up one as well as the ghostly ones.

James said...

Very nice! Night reflections on water are so cool!

Miss Becky said...

I love that last photo. Very dramatic and beautiful.

Rosie said...

Beautiful!