Pages

Followers

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Grizzled 140/365

Linking with Maegen for The Sunday Creative....my favorite.  Last week I never seemed to find a spot in my brain for flourish, but this week, I'm on my game.  Grizzled is the word.  Not an everyday word in my vocab, but I'm going to make it work.  Thanks Maegen.

The Sunday Creative

Grizzled....streaked with gray.
Grizzled....hmmm.  Everything 'round here today seems grizzled.  It's a snow day.  I wish I was still teaching school or better yet a student-there's nothing better than throwing open the blinds and finding snow enough to block the buses from rolling.  A child's dream.

I don't particularly like snow.  Perhaps I should be living in Southern Florida, California, or better yet on the isle of St. Croix in the US Virgin Islands.  (I'm off subject already.)  When I look out and see a world full of snow, it doesn't look soft and fluffy white...it looks grizzled and gray and like lots of inconvenience and dirt will be coming my way over the next few days.  Bah, grumble, grumble.  My mood should be called grizzled as well.  I'm coping-and I do have that hearty meal I mentioned yesterday simmering in the crockpot for later today.

I did venture out briefly this morning into the gray grizzly snow to grab a few photos so as not to let slip my diligence to the 365.  I have a little something in my files in case no other opportunities arise.  I just posted to Wordless Wednesday and as I was looking through my photos, I realized they might tell their own story better than I can with my rambling words. 

Thanks for stopping despite my grizzled demeanor.  Hope it's sunny and warm where you are.



Here's that "grizzled" look for sure.





Oh alright...I'll give you this one as really pretty.



{140/365}


And yes I did earn this hot bowl of oatmeal.  I'm about due to head out for more shoveling.  I think by now my LLBean insulated pack boots are about dry.





7 comments:

Carol Blackburn said...

Come on Susan, think of all that wonderful exercise you are getting today that will keep your metabolism revved for the 24 hrs.
And, how the snow on the roof will insulate your house and actually keep your heating bill down. And,......I know, shut up Carol, you already told me you don't like the snow and no amount of rhetoric on my part is going to change your mind, is it????????
Signed,
a snow lover

Miss Becky said...

The weather cannot be helped. I keep telling myself I have no control over it so I simply need to go with the flow. Occasionally that works for me.
I really like the fourth photo down, of the window, but they're all very nice. Take heart. Before you know it, this snow will be a distant memory. Really.

Jamie said...

That boot shot with the water droplets is stunning - could be in a catalog.

Joan said...

Great photos, and the oatmeal looks delicious. I work for an office in Boston (I'm in CA), so I had a "snow day" today too...but, with the perk of no shoveling. :)

AMY said...

Great photo's!
LOVE the boot closeup shot....AWESOME!

I have posted on my blog an Award I have chosen to give you. The Stylish blogger award! Stop by at Amy's Life www.amyclairejacob.blogspot.com
I really enjoy visiting your blog!

Maegan Beishline said...

I think we all have a grizzled demeanor this time of year! But your images remind me of all the things I love about winter! Beautiful!

Ms. Pony said...

I love the close-ups of your boots- you got some great winter shots!