Pages

Followers

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Inside Out 132/365

Tuesday is the day for "today" at Communal Global with wonderful photos from around the world.  Link up with your today. 




I had a grumpy morning today, but things are looking up this afternoon.  Somewhere between grumpy and not so grumpy I had a chance to get out for a walk in the cold January air.  I got thinking about the lack of colours when it's January in Maine and contrasted that with the box of colours I've been carrying around with me the last week or so. 

You might have noticed a "button" on my blog about the Sketchbook Project .  It's a wonderful "art is for everyone" huge scale project where you're assigned a random topic and a little sketchbook to fill.  My topic is "Jackets, Blankets, and Sheets" and I have my book 3/4 the way done.  Only little problem...I must postmark it back to the Arthouse Co-op no later than January 15th.  The rush is on to complete.  I suppose it wouldn't be such a big deal except, well....I'm really not someone who draws, so I'm struggling with the last 8 or 10 drawings.  BUT, I'm going to finish.  I was struggling with how to make a creative drawing of "pigs in a blanket" yesterday.  Adding a jar of mustard in the background helped.

So today I'm about white and icy on the outside and frantic colouring on the inside.  I hope your today is cheerful and colourful too.

{132/365}

 




2 comments:

Michelle said...

I just love that first shot of the pencils!

Life with Kaishon said...

Wow. I love these pictures. I wanted to take a picture today of colored pencils as well. I never got to it before the light left. I love your work. Wishing you all the best in 2011. I believe in you.