Pages

Followers

Friday, January 28, 2011

Macro Friday

Linking with Laura for Macro Friday at Blogging from Bolivia where I'm imaging it is warm and sunny.  Doesn't matter if it is or not, I'm imaging that for my own well being.


I make hot oatmeal for breakfast most everyday.  I love it especially in winter when it's cold outside.  My Dad used to say something totally un-romantic about oatmeal like "it's good for ya; sticks to your slats."  I tend to view it as more wholesome and hearty and good soul food to start the day.  My favorite way to have it is with fresh strawberries and milk.  With the berries it needs no added sugar-not that I wouldn't love to have brown sugar sprinkled on it the way Mom used to let me when I was a kid.  Perhaps I'll treat myself to that smidgen of decadence sometime soon.

This morning while the oats were just beginning to simmer I glanced at the soon to be sliced berries in the weak morning sunlight and got that urge to grab the camera.  Here are my close-ups to share this week.

Strawberry

Berry Trio

11 comments:

Mommy2Four said...

Gorgeous! Really, like mouth watering!

Buckeroomama said...

The only place I like oatmeal is in oatmeal cookies. I'm a bit weird with food that way. I don't like cooked carrots, but I don't mind munching on carrot sticks and I love carrot juice. =)

kbreints said...

Yum! Looks perfect. I can just about smell them through the screen :)

Miss Becky said...

"it's good for ya, sticks to your slats". You made me spew coffee on my puter screen. for some reason I find that hilarious. and the strawberries provide me a sensual treat on this cold, but SUNNY morning. Have a great weekend.

Jamie said...

I love oatmeal for breakfast! This winter I discovered that using Almond Milk in place of regular milk made it doubly good.

love and life ♥ said...

These looks so juicy & yummy! One of my favorite berries ever! Gorgeous shot! Have a great weekend! xx

Barbara said...

Lovely shots - wonderful colour and detail, makes me want to eat them :O)

Gardening in a Sandbox said...

Strawberries on just about anything is delicious. I enjoy a bowl of oatmeal on a cold morning too.

Ray said...

Yum. I love strawberries!

Sally said...

OH my - those strawberries look luscious!
Thanks for stopping by my blog. Have a great weekend.

Katie said...

Yum and pretty!! I can almost taste them...only about 5 more months before I really do! :)