Pages

Followers

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Robin's Egg Blue P64


project64 button




 
Linking up with Project 64 for this week's color challenge.

Blue is my most favorite color.  I like it in almost any shade and it comes in many.  Funny how we're drawn to certain colors rather instinctively. 

I love what I found to photograph this week.  I had a DRs appointment one afternoon and you know....the DR was running late-pretty typical scenario.  I had my camera with me and started playing with it while I was waiting.  That's when I found robin's egg blue sitting right next to me on the table.  How great it that?

Nice Shoes!


Mr. Potatohead sporting some fabulous shoes.  He was missing an arm and there was one in amongst the kiddie toys with a robin's egg blue fork so I added that for good measure, but otherwise left him just as I'd found him.  I don't have kids so I had sort of forgotten about Mr. Potatohead.  He's awesome.

Looking forward to next week's color and hope I'll have the same sort of luck in finding it.  I love finding my challenges right under my nose when I'm not even looking for them.  That's the best...kind of feels like magic that way.

11 comments:

Randy said...

What perfect way to bring a smile to ones face. I just love it!

Anna Lear said...

Mr. Potatohead! Love it; you captured him perfectly -- how cool that you had your camera with you. Did you ever see Toy Story? "Don't forget your angry eyes"...

Brooke said...

I love Mr Potatohead too! I love the color found you, one of my favorite things about this project! Thanks for linking up your great color find!

http://www.project64colors.blogspot.com

Scrappy Grams said...

hurray!

Carol Blackburn said...

Oh my, I'm feeling my age here Susan.....we had to use a real potatoe when I was a child. We got the push in face pieces etc. but you added your own real potatoe. That didn't go over well with Dad as we were considered relatively poor and potatoes were not cheap even though he bought them in 50 lb. bags to save a few cents.

Cindy said...

very creative!

Cat said...

Mr Potato head! Fun!!

Susan said...

Very cool! Mr. Potato head is a classic, and what luck that he had blue shoes.

Rebecca said...

Cute and classic.

Jennifer said...

Great shots! What a great idea - didn't think to look there!

ShutterNinja said...

Awesome! Our Mr. Potato Head has green shoes!