Pages

Followers

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Scavenger

Linking up with Ashley for Scavenger Hunt Sunday.  Lots of fun trying to find the necessary stuff out and about.  Push through and check out some of the other posts.





Confessing that this week's list was a bit difficult for me.  I guess it shouldn't have been, but I've had to scramble a bit today to put it together.  I've got some things that kind of stretch the categories.  It's all worth it though.  I'd hate to miss out. 
This week's items were:  Texture, Fog, Button, Beverage/Drink, and Seventies

Track Designs

Texture:  Found a great new place to cross country ski this week....for free and not heavily used.  Wonderful place to take Tula for a exhausting run.  I skied over a bridge and looked down to see these interesting snowmobile tracks below on the frozen snow-covered river.  I love the texture and line they create in the snow.

Car Wash

Fog:  Fog is a usually a warmer weather phenomenon around here.  I was stumped on this one until I went through the carwash this morning.  The spray from the pre-wash reminded me of fog and let me include something current rather than having to dig through my pics from last July.  I like how this abstract came out.

Cutie

Button:  Cute as a button?  Well she is and normally if I get this close with the camera I get the tragic "get that thing away from me/scary ears" look.  This is a sweet catch of my girl-right after skiing, complete with a few frosty whiskers.

Coffee

Beverage/Drink:  Mostly I drink water, a coffee or two a day and the occasional red wine.  This photo is from November....I forgot to grab a photo of this category this week and my beverage photos are sorely lacking.

Bridge 1270

Seventies:  Kind of a stretch I know, but I like the photo.  I recently noted that most bridges in Maine are numbered.  This is #1270...perhaps there's a place where one can look these things up.  Who knew?

That's my takes for this week.  Thanks for taking a look around.

25 comments:

Style Attic said...

Buttons is the best!

Ashley Sisk said...

Yeah - this week wasn't completely easy but you worked it out and I really like your last shot!

Barbara said...

Love the Button shot. Some of the categories stumped me too!

Dina @ 4 Lettre Words said...

LOVE your interpretations of button and 70's. Great captures!

Katie said...

Great job!

must love... said...

Your button is adorable! I love the 70's shot too! Beautiful!

Carletta said...

LOVE the texture shot - one of those I wish I'd thought of ones. :)
Your button shot is filled with a cutie in wonderful light and your 70's is a very workable and unique interpretation!

Carletta@Round The Bend

Rosie@leavesnbloom said...

I like your take on some of the word prompts too. That snow texture is something I would never have thought of capturing and that button of yours is soooo cute :)

Simone said...

You had some really clever photos this week. Particularly liked your "cute as a button" - so important to be able to think laterally in these hunts. Thought your texture shot was also great!

Anne U said...

Great interpretations on button and fog, lovely pictures.

Pam Bowers said...

Great shots. I love the picture of your puppers!

Michelle said...

Definitely cute as a button! :)

Just Bits and Pieces said...

Love your photo for texture....and your pup is definitely cute as a button!

Danelle said...

I love the carwash photo. Further proof that I need have my camera with me at all times.

Miss Becky said...

well my favorite is Tula, of course. I love the close up of her. Like you say, most of your photos of her are from a distance, and I love this one because I see those tiny little gray hairs. and that look in her eye is beautiful - she seems so far away. man, I could love your doggie. the 70's photo is very nice too. I really like how you just go along and find what you're looking for in a spontaneous manner and the outcome is so cool.

Brooke said...

These are GREAT! I really LOVE your texture shot. I knew right away that those were snowmobile tracks :D

Chelsea said...

Beautiful!! Love that texture shot, and what an adorable dog.

Buckeroomama said...

I simply love the tracks for your Texture shot!

Cute as a button, eh? Great interpretation!!

Rosie said...

I love your interpretations - really so creative - gorgeous!

***Icy BC said...

Wonderful series of photos! I like them all..

julie said...

Great interpretations! LOVE your texture shot - gorgeous!

lisa said...

These are great Susan!!
My favorite?
Button, definitely button.
Just adorable!

Jess said...

Gorgeous catchlights in Tula's eyes! I had a hard time with "fog" too, but I really like your interpretation. I thought this weeks items were hard, but next weeks seem even worse!

Bethany said...

These are riveting! The shot of Button is just fab...

Scrappy Grams said...

I'm not an expert, but I love your interpretation of 70s. :)