Pages

Followers

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Sunday Scavenger 148 150/365

Posting in response to Ashely's Scavenger Hunt Sunday over at her wonderful blog Ramblings and Photos.  If I haven't said so lately...stop by.  Her written voice is cheerful and lighthearted.  She takes beautiful photos and is a wiz at editing.  Her blog has helpful tips and insights and her sweet demeanor comes through in all she posts.  She also has a fun cat who appears just often enough to provide a laugh.  While you're there, check out the other takes from this weeks scavenger hunt.







This week's items were: Memories, Silhouette, Doorway(s), Reflection, and Silver.
My Best Friend
Memories:  This is an old shot....from 2007 of me and my dearest friend Laura.  We took a wonderful trip to Croatia with our choral group and had an amazing time.  I had a tough week this week and Laura was there to help-she always is.  For my memories shot I wanted to post a photo of us at a really happy time.  She's the best.


Pink Sky
{150/365} Silhouette:  Yesterday afternoon I met a friend for a chat and a little red wine too.  As I left the restaurant I had just a brief moment to catch the last of a pretty sky.  I love the barren trees in silhouette, especially the one caught in pink.

Tatoo
Doorway:  Rather liked this brightly lit stairway radiating into the dark night.

Coffee Shop
Reflections:  I love all the reflections in these windows.  Sometimes I'm shooting a scene and totally miss them....as was the case here.  I was delighted to see the results at home.  Not only the chairs, but the street and across the street buildings were all a bonus-and I think "make" the photo.

Dishwasher {148/365}
{148/365} Silver:  Okay, maybe stainless?  Love the reflections in the spoon and the distortion of the pegs through the clear plates.

Have to thank Ashley again....when I went to input photos in this post, blogger told me I was out of space.  I wrote Ashley a panic email for HELP, but remembered she mentioned that this would happen and that she uses her Flickr account to post into her blog.  Meanwhile I kept playing and figured out how to, as Tim Gunn would say, "make it work".  But I bet later today or tomorrow I'll find out from Ashley the best way to make this transfer.  I'm thanking her in advance.


11 comments:

Ashley Sisk said...

You are too sweet! I love your shots this week - especially that silhouette and your silver shots. Hopefully my email to you will make sense. Let me know if I need to better explain. :)

Rosie said...

Such a lovely set of photos, Susan! In that reflections photo is so much to see - love it!

Carletta said...

I've loved all your shots!
The doorway shot however is my favorite.
I know I'm going to run out of space soon as well. Thanks for the tip.

Carletta@Round The Bend

creatingme said...

oh, your silver shot is really shiny!!!

SarahinSC said...

Love your city shot and the dishwasher shot. Amazing how something so ordinary can look pretty cool!

Anne U said...

Amazing shots this week, I really like silhouette and doorway, very cool.

Simone said...

These are great shots. You are so creative. I would never have thought to capture the silver in the dishwasher and your reflection shot is amazing, it has so many angles and dimmensions to it!

Seizing My Day said...

All fantastic shots... but the trees in the distance of your silhouette is stunning!! =)

julie said...

Your silhouette shot is SO pretty...love it!

Buckeroomama said...

Your silhouette is SO lovely! I love your Silver, too --so shiny. :)

Jackie said...

LOVE the reflection shot!