Pages

Followers

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Sunday Scavenger Hunt 133,135,136/365

Oh yes, Sunday it is.  Time for Ashley's weekly scavenger hunt.  First one of 2011.  Sure to be many many more.  I love having a little something in the back of my mind while I'm out and about grabbing some photos.  If you haven't tried this photography option, it's a fun one and there are plenty of participants with gorgeous takes to admire.


This week's items were: This is Me, Resolutions, Treasured, Innocence, and Primitive. 

This is Me:  Really it is.  This was the one shot I didn't have from my travels this week, so not only is it me, it's me within the last hour.  Hot off the presses.  Complete with jaunty Eagles cap as I am hugely into football and well, um...it's the PLAYOFFS! 
I lived outside of Philly (as in Philadelphia Eagles) for 15 years and old habits are hard to break.  Next week the Patriots (as in New England Patriots) will be playing.  I'm lucky to have 2 favorite teams.  If you're like my best friend, your eyes and ears glazed over way back on sentence 4, but if you're one of those rare female football enthusiasts like me-hell ya.  I love football.

Resolutions:  I'm not a believer in resolutions for myself.  I've been watching bloggers choose their word for the year and others state their intentions-and I applaud you all.   I guess if I had to select an area of self-improvement it might include being kinder to myself and carrying my own heart and being with more appreciation and tenderness.  Working on that.

Treasured:  {135/365} One thing I've grown to love about taking photographs is stopping to appreciate "the moment".  At the beach a woman was discarding something that brought a slew of seagulls.  While in the past I might have noted that as interesting, the other day I quickly pulled over and started snapping pics.....look at this glorious backdrop I caught!  I likel would have missed this treasured moment a year ago. 
I titled this "Soaring to Heaven".

Innocence: {133/365} "Princess P" looking out for whatever it is she dreams of.  I posted this photo earlier this week as part of a triptych, but it is the most innocent photo I took this week.  Did I mention how much I love my cat?  What a sweetie....now if I could only get her to stop waking me up at 4 a.m.

Primitive:  {136/365} From atop a woodpile.  I often think of woodburning as primitive-it reminds me of days before electicity when a fireplace or woodstove was what heated a home and provided a means for cooking.  Must have been such hard work.
I'm also using this for "partially seen" for Justine's ingenious monthly prompt.

Thank you for taking the time to view my scavenger finds.  Now on to the games!!


14 comments:

Carol Blackburn said...

Wonderful shots, Susan.

Jamie said...

Beautiful! Your treasured shot blew me away.

Ashley Sisk said...

You knocked it out of the park this week for real. Those last three shots are incredible. Well done!

Marla said...

Beautiful. I adore that beach shot. It's perfect.

Marla @ www.blueskiesphotoblog.com

Tara said...

Great shots! I love your beach, treasured and primitive shots!

Dazee Dreamer said...

Beautiful photo of the beach. I wish I were there right now.

Style Attic said...

Oh the heart in the hand photo, love that. What you had to say about it is just as honest and beautiful :)

Lunsford Family said...

I am in love with your primitive shot! I absolutely adore the simplicity of beauty found in a sawn log. Texture and grain! Amazing!

SarahinSC said...

Beautiful shots! I'm cheering for the Packers though!

Becca said...

Beautiful interpretations for SHS. I hope to play next weekend. I really like your beach shot, and your kitty is so cute...the cat photos are always a winner to me. Sorry about your Eagles tonight. I think my Seahawk victory will be short lived next weekend in Chicago. Oh well, it's been fun to watch! Thanks for dropping by my blog and leaving me a comment. Have a great week!

Brooke said...

WOW. These are all stunning. I can't even pick a FAV!!!!

Faith said...

LOVe love love your "primitive" shot! Beautiful work :)

Miss Becky said...

Susan, your self-portraits are my favorite. They just really speak to me. and...so sorry my Packers beat your Eagles. I too am a football fan, but I'm not really invested in my team - I just enjoy a good game. If the Pack would have lost, I would have just moved on to another favorite to root for. I'm not expecting them to be in the super bowl.
Again, all of your shots are so personal and intimate. I love that. Your Princess is so sweet looking. This morning my Daiseymae was doing the similar pose - watching and waiting. What would we do without them???
Have a beautiful day.

urban muser said...

being an avid-season-ticket-holding NY Giants fan, this post was hard to read :) don't worry, I won't hold the fact that you like the Eagles against you.