Pages

Followers

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Today 139/365

Linking up with Communal Global with my "today" here in Maine.  For other todays around the world, check in.  Guaranteed to find plenty of lovely photos and sweet thoughts.





Today in Maine the "weather terrorists" on the radio and TV are all excited because they have a snowstorm moving in to talk about.  Blah, blah, blah they go on and on about how many inches and "when it's all said and done" and conditions and if it will be safe to travel.  Holy schmoly everyone run and get bread, eggs, and milk!!! Now!!! Yawn.  God forbid one had to be creative without milk for 12 hours...I think we'd all survive.

So today I am NOT running out for bread, milk and eggs, and I'm not listening to the hype.  I'm enjoying the beautiful day mother nature has offered today and focusing on the little and colorful things that will soon be under a foot of snow.  And I defrosted something hardy to put into the crockpot for tomorrow when the predicted 12 inches of blowing and drifting snow arrives.  It's all good.

Miss Tula wished a run on the beach this morning where I found some colorful inspirations to carry me through for a bit.  I hope your today is colorful as well.


This brilliant purple mussel shell  left at the high tide mark caught my eye this morning. 

This shell too with the sun highlighting it's interesting broken shapes caused me to pause...

{139/365} ...and take in the view from the front side as well.

This single feather I found holding on in a stiff breeze amid dried seaweed and rocks.  Hope is the thing with feathers....surely.

10 comments:

Miss Becky said...

thanks for the peek into your beautiful world Susan. Your photos are so dreamy...
I know, it's it absurd how crazy people get when a bit of snow is forecast? I used to actually get snowed in, as my lane was very steep and a quarter mile long. there would be no going anywhere except with snowshoes/skis until the plow came, and that could take days. People who live in towns and cities have nothing to fear. Except it can get cold if the power goes out, so I hope that doesn't happen! Stay warm.

Visual Notes said...

Hi Dorian, life as a deaf Musician must be something else. I'll have to stick around and find out. Love the last photo...

Carol Blackburn said...

Lovely shots, Susan..........hope you are having a wonderful day!

Maddy said...

What beautiful photos! I especially love the way the sun lit up that shell in photo #2! By the way, I'm from New Jersey and I refuse to listen to the hype too ;o)

Rosie said...

What wonderful finds, Susan! Keep warm and well!

Jamie said...

I LOVE your attitude. Listening to the news had me feel like I needed to make a trip to the store - and I'm on the other side of the country

Ashley Sisk said...

Weather terrorist? LOL I hear that - these shots are really cool.

Anita Johnson said...

So fun to find color like that before the "big storm" moves in. Maybe that is what I hate about winter the most...the radio/tv hype. This mornings news featured snow plows sitting in parking lots, waiting for the big snow. So far, less than a half an inch. Oh brother! Stay warm!

Buckeroomama said...

Stay warm and cozy!

I love the images from the beach.

julie said...

Ok, so I DID go buy eggs, milk & bread after I picked up the kidlets from school!! Ha ha. We are in BC Canada, and they keep changing the amount of snow fall, so I thought I should be prepared because we don't do snow very well here!! Those shells shots are amazing...I always think they are a special gift from nature waiting to be enjoyed early in the morning. Great shots :)