Pages

Followers

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Today 149/365

Linking up with Communal Global for my today.  Love those shots of "today" from around the globe.





Hey....guess what?  It's snowing. Again.   Guess what?  It's going to snow tomorrow too.  Guess what?  I need to move to St. Croix or someplace where there's warmth, beaches, rum punch, sun and swimming in January.  What were my ancestors thinking when they selected this place?  I'm trying to remember summer, because I don't think anything beats summer in Maine, but geez Louise....I need a break.  I'll share a few picturesque sights and try to make nice on this snow thing.

Main Street

Plow Truck

Bars {149/365}
{149/365}

Side Street Barn

I know what you're thinking.  "Oh New England is so beautiful in winter".  I'm going to check out all of your posts and look for something with sunshine and colour.  Grumble, moan, blah, blah.  Hope it's warm and bright where you are today.

10 comments:

Anna Lear said...

Lovely shots; you definitely "made nice" with these! I hate winter, too, so I can totally relate. Although I live in New Mexico now (I'm originally from Philly) and thus get way less snow than you do, I do live in the mountains where we get plenty of cold weather. The sun makes a big difference, but yeah, some tropical place sounds really good about now. Stay warm.

Miss Becky said...

yeah, it looks like you have plenty of snow. Our January here has been very unusual in that we've had so many cloudy days. Usually it's snow, then clearing and sunny/cold. Well, it snows but then stays cloudy! and cold! I could use some sun, but when I was out shoveling the walk yesterday my neighbor shouted across the street that time flies and before you know it we will be mowing the lawn. I had to agree. What I like about your photos is the architecture. You have such lovely historical buildings, each one beautiful in itself. and your snowplow trucks are blue - ours an atrocious orange. I love that photo of the rusted iron bars. and the grey garage doors. stay warm Susan. Groundhog Day is just around the corner. and then...Spring!!!

Maddy said...

Oh man!!! I hear you loud and clear! Bring on the palm trees and umbrellas drinks stat! :) I'm sure our winters are child's play to you guys in the New England area, but we are getting hammered with snow this year! Too much too soon, I say!

Carol Blackburn said...

It's not snowing here yet Susan...but I suppose by the time I finish this comment it very well could be. Time for hot cocoa I guess.

ToadMama said...

It's cold here, too. But it sure is pretty where you are. Just think warm thoughts. And eat lots of soup. Baileys Irish Cream and coffee does wonders for the soul, too.

Jamie said...

I got snow again today - I'm so over it. What was I thinking when I bought a house on a mountain.

likeschocolate said...

Just looking at these photos make me cold.

Buckeroomama said...

These are beautiful photos. Well, yes, we don't get snow here, so we have this romanticized view of snow. :)

Anita Johnson said...

I'm with you! We have snow on the ground here in Wisconsin with more coming this weekend. I crave color too!

Rebecca said...

I am ready for a little sun...they say it will show its lovely face today. I am waiting!