Pages

Followers

Friday, January 7, 2011

Weekend Reflections 130/365

Thanks to James over at Newtown Area Photo I've been noticing reflections more than before.  When I'm out and about I'm thinking about reflections to make sure I've got something to include in a post.  They really are quite entertaining.  If you'd like to see some beautiful images, follow the link above and see what's reflecting around the globe.

Early this week I was chasing the setting sun trying to get a few last snaps for the day.  I pulled into the local cemetery, but found the cemetery roads were all snow covered and full of large melting puddles.  I found an alternate entry off a dead end side street where I could grab a few shots of the last of the sun....and also found this lovely and haunting symmetrical reflection.

{130/365}

Another day I was walking with my sweet girl Tula Dot when this strange reflection opportunity caught my attention.

A giant looking glass attached to a tree in an up-scale residential section of Kennebunkport.  This mirror aids drivers to safely navigate out of their driveway located near a steep hill.

My last reflection was this stunning sunset at the beach yesterday.  The reflection off the sand wet from the outgoing tide added to the charm.  I knew I was all set for photos this week, but how can one NOT take this one?  Perfect.

Thanks for viewing my weekend reflections.  I hope your weekend is joyful and stress-free.


14 comments:

AMY said...

Gorgeous shots! I've started to notice shadows lately too, can make for some great photos.
Thanks for sharing all you beautiful pictures!

Owen said...

Very enjoyable vicarious trip to Maine...

Quilt Works said...

Beautiful! Love Kennbunkport - you captured it so well!

Randy said...

That first photo is amazing!

Genie -- Paris and Beyond said...

The first photo is mesmerizing with the soft misty light of the cemetery. The rippled wet sand of the last just takes my breath away. Wonderful post of reflections.

Genie

RuneE said...

You might almost have called the first one "Graveyard paradise".

Miss Becky said...

Susan, that first photo may be one of my favorite photos of yours ever. You really caught a good one there. the light and color is splendid.
all your reflections are fantastic; I love the back-lit glow of the third too. lots of drama there. have a beautiful weekend Susan.

Shirley said...

I agree with you. The last had to be included. They are all gorgeous! Have a terrific weekend!

Rosie said...

What wonderful reflections, Susan!

Coffee Break Mama said...

Wow, your photos are beautiful, that first one is just stunning!

Tezzie said...

Beautiful captures, all of them; I love the first one...haunting, indeed...and the last one is incredible! Of course you couldn't let a shot like that pass by...

Thanks for your kind comment at my place...let me know if you end up making any 'planets' of your own!

Jamie said...

Dorian - all three are gorgeous, but that first one is STUNNING

Life At Cobble Hill Farm said...

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and leaving some very helpful information. These shots are spectacular!
Staci

Laloofah said...

I'm a sucker for cemeteries and photos of cemeteries, especially those taken in the winter. So of course I love that first photo. Haunting and pensive and serene, and it does make one stop and reflect! ;-)

And that last photo is spectacularly beautiful! I love sunrises and sunsets reflected in the water, and that captures a truly beautiful scene. Both of my favorite photos in this post are so tranquil and calming, yet so different: one austere and icy, the other so vivid and fiery. What a great contrast!