Pages

Followers

Friday, January 14, 2011

Weekend Reflections 142/365

Connecting with James at weekend reflections.  Check out other beautiful finds over at his blog Newtown Area Photos.  I always see something I like there.

Today I realized I had no reflections to share.  We haven't had much sun this week, and when we have I've been busy at the office.  I took my sweet Tula for a cross country ski under cloudy skies late morning.  There were no reflections anywhere to be found.  On the way home I hit a favorite haunt and had a little success and late afternoon I got lucky when I returned my library book.  Phew....just in time.  Hope you enjoy what I found.

Seagulls dip and sway through the air.  One has to be fast and lucky with the shutter to catch a good shot.  I was indeed fortunate to grab this one today.  This guy was enjoying a zoom around the marshes near the beach.

{142/365} I'm delighted with the way this image turned out.  Our local library is a gorgeous building.  It was built in the early 1900's and expanded about 15 years ago with great attention to the existing architecture.  My grandmother worked in the library for years....and my mother currently works there.  It always feels like "home" to me.  I love the duplication of the window frame and the hint of the chandelier that is present only as a reflection.

Thanks to James for hosting Weekend Reflections.  I hope you all have wonderful restful weekends with plenty of photo ops.

7 comments:

AMY said...

Gorgeous pictures! I Love the clean sharp photo of the windows!

J Bar said...

Great reflections.

Sally in WA said...

Wonderful! The window is my favorite.

Enjoy your weekend!

jeannette said...

Beautiful reflection! You are lucky to have this building as a library!

Scrappy Grams said...

Stupendous shot of the gulls and the shore! What kind of camera do you use?

Miss Becky said...

Susan, it seems that happens to you a lot. There's nothing and then there's everything. I love that first photo. And I love that they maintained the architectural integrity when adding on to the library. these are beautiful reflections. have a great weekend Susan and stay warm.

Lesley said...

very graceful.