Pages

Followers

Friday, January 28, 2011

Weekend Reflections

Linking up with James for weekend reflections at Newtown Area Photo.  There are always stunning shots when I take a peek around the other links.  You might like to too.

Tough week for reflections here in New England.  It was a dreary January week where everyday seemed to bring more snow or overcast skies (and cranky people).  Yesterday in the late afternoon, the sun did make itself known and the weather warmed to reasonable and the crankiness factor turned down a notch or two.  I made a quick bee-line for the beach with my trusty K-9 companion....she in need of a good run, and I in need of fresh air and sunshine.  While we were there I was able to catch a bit of a reflection bouncing off the incoming tide.  Yay.


Winter Beach Reflection

I'm hopeful that next week the sun and the reflections will be plentiful.  Have a great weekend.

16 comments:

Sylvia K said...

I love your reflection shot for the day! It does look cold and I think all of us are so very tired of the grim, gray, cold winter! How wonderful it will be to welcome spring! Hope you have a wonderful weekend! Stay warm! Wishing some sunshine for you!

Sylvia

Malyss said...

What a beautyful place! and great reflection too!

Pat Tillett said...

A very nice photo of a beautiful place! Thanks!
Patrick Tillett, Extremely Overdue

Anita Johnson said...

I think this photo is beautiful...that little piece of reflection in the water? Perfect!

Jamie said...

Gorgeous - congrats for capturing that one sunny moment.

Carol Blackburn said...

Superb photo, Susan....I love how the houses out on the point look miniature in comparison to the houses on the bluff.

Gine said...

Hé ! On dirait presque un mur ! Beau paysage !

Miss Becky said...

I've been lurking around Newtown (his photos are superb) for awhile and one day hope to get up the confidence to join in weekend reflections. The sun has been shining here ALL DAY. It almost seems a foreign object in the sky. I used the occasion to take an art outing - spent the entire day at the Milwaukee Art Museum and I feel energized and inspired. I even got to see the wings of the Calatrava close, which was pretty special. You have a beautiful style in your photography - clear colors with such wonderful light I wonder sometimes if you ever take a "bad" photo. The way you described Tula being zonked out put a smile on my face - I needed no photo. have a great weekend Susan, I hope you and Tula Dot catch more rays.

Scrappy Grams said...

I'm almost green with envy when I see your beach photos! Gorgeous!
Wishing you a restful weekend.

lisa said...

This is a beautiful shot Susan!
Have a wonderful weekend!

tilden talks... said...

Winter beach, looks like home!

James said...

Nice shot! That looks like a great place to walk.

Kay L. Davies said...

What can be better than reflection bouncing off the tide? I love it.
-- K

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

MARGARET GOSDEN 2 said...

Sharpness to match coldness, I wonder! Certainly conveys a wintery
scene of a summer home perhaps, though I wouldn't mind that being
a winter home!

Serendipity said...

It's a beautiful scene - I like the light.

'Tsuki said...

That is a lovely shore reflection... Nice job !