Pages

Followers

Friday, February 18, 2011

Affection

Linking up with the wonderful Maegen over at My Life Set to Words for the Sunday Creative.  This week's word-affection.
The Sunday Creative

I jotted the word "affection" down on a slip of paper last Sunday as a reminder to myself for the Sunday Creative.  Each day I've glanced at the word hoping for inspiration and well....it hasn't really come along.  I suppose there was affection that came through the chocolate I ate on Valentine's day and there was definitely affection in the sweet Facebook post I received from my best friend on my wall on Valentine's morning, but that's sort of where I've come to a screaching hault on affection.

The most affection I feel is for my dear pets...my constant companions.  Trite-perhaps, but genuine.  When I hear the word affection, they are what I think of.  They too have affection for one another, but they are not at all demonstrative about it-I see it in subtle passing and interaction but there are no snuggly, curled up together, Kodak moments-at least not that I ever witness.

Today I remembered a rare photograph I have of the two of them in the same frame taken just a couple weeks back.  Not the best photo ever, but it certainly says affection and it includes my two sweeties.  I love the gentleness of the moment and the show of trust.

 Affection

So...I guess I call that affection and leave it at that.

7 comments:

Karin van D. said...

Awww, so cute. That's affection indeed, it radiates from the picture.

Dyche Designs said...

Love that shot, can definitely feel the affection.

Carol Blackburn said...

Sweet............

Scrappy Grams said...

There's definitely trust here. I've kitty-sitting now thru Tuesday. He's a beautiful black long-haired kitten named Biscuit, for his love of biscuits. He's adorable and entertaining! I hope to be getting another kitty soon. I miss my Bella very much.

Joan said...

Definitely affection. :)

justine said...

absolutely perfect, what a lovely shot and I love the colour of your cat!

urban muser said...

i love this. i wish i could catch my dog and cat like this :)